We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OMG!!!!!!!!!--Is Aggie Greys Lagoon Resort CLOSING Down???

Bay Of Plenty
Level Contributor
294 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
OMG!!!!!!!!!--Is Aggie Greys Lagoon Resort CLOSING Down???

Have heard a rumour here in NZ that Aggie Grey Laggon resort is closing from June till September 2009 for the filming of....."Survivor" TV show!.

This person has been told to re-book at another resort for their holiday.

Any truth????.

My travel Agent has not heard of this (yet?)

1. Re: OMG!!!!!!!!!--Is Aggie Greys Lagoon Resort CLOSING Down???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 05 April 2009, 22:47
Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: OMG!!!!!!!!!--Is Aggie Greys Lagoon Resort CLOSING Down???

All I can do rhad is reinforce what Tina has said. Aggie's IS NOT closing down, any exiisting bookings will remain as such. The resort is thriving and all kudos to the staff and management for having secured Survivor. Don't panic rhad!!!! All info that I have regarding this matter has come from management so it is reliable.

Bay Of Plenty
Level Contributor
294 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: OMG!!!!!!!!!--Is Aggie Greys Lagoon Resort CLOSING Down???

Are you guys SURE we will be fine???/----we are at Aggies Lagoon from the 9th - 17th June.

Any other or ALL info you guys can share would be great thanks.

My travel agent hasn't heard anything yet?

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: OMG!!!!!!!!!--Is Aggie Greys Lagoon Resort CLOSING Down???

Don't worry rhad, it's only people who have not already booked that will miss out. All existent bookings are fine.

5. Re: OMG!!!!!!!!!--Is Aggie Greys Lagoon Resort CLOSING Down???

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 05 April 2009, 22:45
6. Re: OMG!!!!!!!!!--Is Aggie Greys Lagoon Resort CLOSING Down???

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 31 March 2009, 21:34
Newcastle, NSW
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: OMG!!!!!!!!!--Is Aggie Greys Lagoon Resort CLOSING Down???

I can tell you that I had my wedding plans with Aggies Lagoon since October. I have now been informed after I sent an email to check out where I stood with my wedding and how it affects me.

They have indicated that I will be relocated with my guests to the hotel in Apia. My wedding can still happen at the Lagoon though. I don't think that they have really thought on how this affects people when you look at the bigger picture.

*What happens with the tours on the island?

*The resort in Apia is not to the same standard to the new one.

*Asking 50 or more people to re-schedule is wrong, especially when the majority have paid their airfares and accomodation in full.

Now I am worried on whether all my family and guests will get all their money back without being penalised. I am not going through with it now and it really does hurt.

Thanks Aggie Grey's Management for stuffing up my plans for a day that is meant to be special.

Bay Of Plenty
Level Contributor
294 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: OMG!!!!!!!!!--Is Aggie Greys Lagoon Resort CLOSING Down???

it ALL SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........

OMG I feel so sorry for you and all of your wedding party!.

They had better come to the party AND Quickly for you as well!.

We were offer the daily "Bussing" to the resort from the old Aggies----BUT YEAH RIGHT--No Way!!! who wants to spend 2 hours a day on a clapped-out bus for a start and then to only be a sort-of-guest while you at the resort! NA THANKS.

Were off to good ole Fiji.

Best of luck to you in the above post!

Sydney
Level Contributor
79 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: OMG!!!!!!!!!--Is Aggie Greys Lagoon Resort CLOSING Down???

wow, anyone would think Aggie Greys was the only resort in Samoa.

Bay Of Plenty
Level Contributor
294 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: OMG!!!!!!!!!--Is Aggie Greys Lagoon Resort CLOSING Down???

Hi timmydownawell--------

If you have children and would like to use the Kids Club---Aggie Greys Resort IS the ONLY resort in Samoa to use! --and that for us and MANY, MANY other families that would have chosen Aggies certainly for that reason will be dissappointed.

Get answers to your questions about Apia