We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st visit in Sept to Aggie Greys Hotel and Bungalows

Tauranga, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
1st visit in Sept to Aggie Greys Hotel and Bungalows

Just wanted to know if old wing has been updated recently or is it best to ask for new wing accomadation.

Sue

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
4,077 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st visit in Sept to Aggie Greys Hotel and Bungalows

Malo lava Sue

Personally I'd go with the new wing, there have been some updates but not enough to match the new wing, plus you get the views. Alternatively there are the garden rooms but the only thing you look out on is the pool and the eating fale. I love the idea of the "celebrity fales" but they somehow seem too claustrophobic. Wherever you stay at Aggie's there is a certain ambience and old world charm that you can't find elsewhere.

Whichever you decide on, have a wonderful time.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask.

Manuia le po (have a great evening)

Deb

kurrajong
Destination Expert
for Samoa
Level Contributor
844 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st visit in Sept to Aggie Greys Hotel and Bungalows

malo sue

i agree with deb about the celebrity fales, they dont apeal to me at all.

i have only stayed in the older parts and have loved it.

i don;t mind being close to the pool. the rooms are basic, clean, have air con, and comfy beds. nothing to fancy but i really love aggies, it has a special feel 'vibe' about it.

we now stay at manumea resort, but i highly recommed aggies.

enjoy your stay

sue

Auckland
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st visit in Sept to Aggie Greys Hotel and Bungalows

Hi

We stayed in the old and new wings last year and the old wing rooms had apparently been refurbished though the only evidence of this we could see was the new paint work.

The old rooms are perfectly fine and comfortable enough especially if you're going to be out and about a lot and only be at the hotel to sleep.

Otherwise, the new wing rooms are definitely a step up (great shower/bathroom, bigger more comfortable beds and excellent) but even then, they would only be 3 star standard.

So, either would be fine but it depends on what level of comfort you want and your budget of course.

Hope you have a great time. September in my view is the best time to go especially during the Teuila Festival.

Tauranga, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st visit in Sept to Aggie Greys Hotel and Bungalows

Thanks all for that feed back, Im sure where ever we are will be just a fantastic time.

Churstie

5. Re: 1st visit in Sept to Aggie Greys Hotel and Bungalows

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2010, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Apia
Recent Conversations