We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fale Questions

Which Apia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fale Questions

Hi,

My partner and I are taking a three week trip to Samoa in October and were hoping to stay in beach fales almost the whole time. I just had a few questions about them. Firstly regarding security, what do people usually do to keep their passports/belongings secure? I mean we can take our passports with us usually when we leave but what about if we go swimming or something, do fales usually have a lock box or anything like that?

Also considering we'll be there in October, is it likely that we'll need to book fale accommodation, or should we be able to just turn up and be ok?

Thanks very much!

-Doug

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,868 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fale Questions

Malo lava Doug

Most fales are not lockable and theft is very rare. Most properties will allow you to leave valuables in their office safes so you should be fine if it's just passports, camera, money etc.

October is normally fine for walk in guests as it's getting on towards the wet season and the tourist high is over. It really depends on whether this season, which has had a very slow start, picks up later in the year. You're probably best to check back early August just to see what the trend is but I can't foresee there being a problem.

Hope this helps.

Manuia le po (have a great evening)

Deb

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Fale Questions

That's great, thanks very much for your help. Another question sorry; will we need to book in advance the ferry from Upolu to Savaii, or is that something we can just turn up to? I'd just like to have things remain as free-form as possible, if I can.

Oh and I forgot to ask, I assume not, but do many fales (the cheapest ones, which we'll be using I assume) have power points?

Thanks again!

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fale Questions

Malo le soifua :o)

If you're taking a car on the ferry, then you definitely need to book it a few days in advance. If you're just going on yourselves, then no need to pre-book.

Re power points in fales, some do have them, but most properties will be happy to let you charge your phone or camera in their office. Some might charge a few tala, but mostly they will do it for nothing.

Manuia le po!

Tina

4. Re: Fale Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Apia