We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on booking on non-secure site?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on booking on non-secure site?

I am trying to book the Alaimoana for two nights, and cannot contact them by phone - have tried for a week. Call either does not go through, or it just rings and rings. I have a theoretical reservation but their on-line site is not secure for credit card details. What to do? Thanks.

kurrajong
Destination Expert
for Samoa
Level Contributor
843 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on booking on non-secure site?

Hi

have you tired to email them? sometimes you maight have to wait or re-email, things seem to go on "island time' in samoa and take a little while.

perhaps just email and say you do not want to send credit card details on there site due to non secure, maybe you could email them your credit card details directly to confrim booking. I have done this in the past ( not at La Alaimoana, but other places in samoa, due to teh non- secure site) and never had a problem.

hope it gets sorted

sue

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
4,050 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on booking on non-secure site?

Malo lava

Have they asked for a deposit? Do you have a copy of the confirmed reservation? If so, email them and tell them that you've been trying to contact them by phone and ask for their number, it may have changed which is a regular occurrence in Samoa.

Hope this helps, let us know how you go.

Manuia le aso

Deb

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,961 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on booking on non-secure site?

Hi bandita

The question of non-secure booking sites comes up regularly.

In most circles it is accepted safe practice to email credit card details in 2 parts so the information is split. This is something I have done often myself without problems.

However this is safe practice as far as the web is concerned. You would also have to trust the people you are emailing if that makes sense. If they are not answering their phone I would have to question whether I would be sending confidential information to somewhere untrustworthy. But I have no knowledge of the resort.

Hope this helps.

Edited: 26 November 2010, 06:33
Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
4,050 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on booking on non-secure site?

Just to clarify Bandita, for the info of anyone interested, Le Alaimoana is a very reputable hotel and you shouldn't have any probs with staff using your credit card details in any way other than what they are meant to be used.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on booking on non-secure site?

Thanks for tips and reassurances, I am now in the process of doing the 2 step e-mail credit card. E-mails seem to take forever to get answered but today I got a reply! Phone lines still a problem so have given up on that. Hopefully it will get done by the end of they day....

6. Re: Advice on booking on non-secure site?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2011, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Apia
Recent Conversations