We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomm for 1 night near Faleolo Intl airport

Which Apia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Accomm for 1 night near Faleolo Intl airport

Hello,

We have an early morning departure from Samoa in May (0700 on a Wednesday) and I've only managed to find one accommodation provider that's near the airport - Airport Lodge Samoa. However, upon reading the reviews I'm not that keen to stay here.

Are there any others in the area that would be a better option, or would we need to stay in Apia and get an early morning taxi to the airpot? (Or perhaps stay at a hotel that includes an airport transfer).

That said, would staying near Mulifanua be an option to save on such a long trip to the airport?

Thank you.

v.

Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomm for 1 night near Faleolo Intl airport

Update: Just done one last search and discovered that there's an Aggie Grey's near the airport (in addition to the one in Apia)...

Auckland
Level Contributor
148 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomm for 1 night near Faleolo Intl airport

We have stayed at both Aggie Grey's resort and spa and the Airport Lodge.

If you want somewhere to rest your head for a few hours then Airport Lodge is OK. It is not flash, but it is clean, inexpensive, and Eunice the owner will cook a nice dinner at a reasonable cost.

Aggie Grey's resort and Spa is overpriced for what it delivers and we do not think that the food is much to write home about. Also for the price, it is a resort which could be anywhere in the world, in our opinion.

The journey into Apia and back out again to catch your flight is not worth the travel just for one night's stay either.

Hope this helps.

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,868 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomm for 1 night near Faleolo Intl airport

Malo lava v

I love both Aggies and Airport Lodge and even though they are for different budgets both are overpriced for what you get. If you have a whole day and night to while away I'd go for Aggies, it is a beautiful resort with a pool, spa and massage centre which is tucked away in a rainforest, a stunning setting. There are 5 restaurants to choose from, 3 overlooking the beach (Aggies has the most amazing sunsets I have ever seen, so dinner by the ocean adds to the dining experience), 2 bars and local Polynesian entertainment. Because the chef is changed so often the food varies but in my experience (and I've stayed there 5 times) it goes from OK to excellent never bad. The rooms are also large with a Samoan decor and huge bathroom, all have views over to Manono, Apolima and Savaii islands.

If you just want somewhere to put your head for the night then Airport Lodge is a quaint little paradise. The staff, setting and food are great and an aircon room will set you back 280 tala but there is really nothing to do.

Aggies is at Mulifanua and Airport Lodge is about 10 mins up the road at Manono-uta. There is another resort at Manono-Uta called Le Vasa, it too is beautiful but the food not so good and again overpriced.

From Aggies you get a free airport transfer, from Airport Lodge it will cost 30 tala.

If you want to leave an hour earlier then by all means stay in town and get the shuttle bus or hotel transfer bus out, I suppose it all depends on what time you're leaving.

Hope this helps, let us know if you need any more info.

Fa soifua

Deb

Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomm for 1 night near Faleolo Intl airport

Hello,

Thanks for all your advice. I think I'll look into whether or not we could spend our last day on Manono island and then just sleep the night at the airport lodge...

v.

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,868 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomm for 1 night near Faleolo Intl airport

Great idea V. I'm sure you'll love Manono, it's a beautiful island, only takes a couple of hours to walk around and is where you'll find the most pure form of Polynesian culture in the South Pacific. Things are pretty basic, they've only had electricity for a few years and have done a great job of rebuilding after being devastated by the tsunami.

All I can say is don't expect too much and make sure that your boat ride back to Upolu is going to be there on time.

Fa soifua

Deb

6. Re: Accomm for 1 night near Faleolo Intl airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2011, 14:38
Wellington
Level Contributor
347 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accomm for 1 night near Faleolo Intl airport

We stayed at the airport lodge after a late evening arrival in Samoa, and found it OK. Sure it's not 5 star, but it is perfectly adequate as a rest stop for a night.

New Zealand
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Accomm for 1 night near Faleolo Intl airport

yeap, the Aggie Grey near the airport is a very good place to stay for a night or 2 or even to relax while waiting for the plane (the airport is dreadful.

9. Re: Accomm for 1 night near Faleolo Intl airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2012, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Apia