We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Samoa with kids...

Which Apia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Samoa with kids...

Hi there,

My family of four (two adults and kids aged 4 yrs and 18 months) are visiting Samoa (for the first time) in April. We are staying the first and last two nights at Amanaki Hotel in Apia, and the middle four nights at Litia Sini. I have a couple of questions... firstly, what size are taxis in Samoa? We are hoping to taxi from the airport to Apia and from Apia to Lalomanu, but I'm wondering if we will fit in a taxi (2 average adults, 2 kids in carseats, plus our luggage)? Secondly, what is the weather like in early April? Is it hot at night time? We are going to be visiting over Easter weekend and I would quite like to bring some easter eggs for my kids, but will they survive in the heat? Thirdly, I understand the water is not safe for drinking. Just wondering how we will go about cleaning and preparing our toddler's bottles. Do you think it will be ok to just rinse out with water and a bit of detergent? I'm keen to bring plenty of snacks for my kids and was wondering what restrictions there are in terms of bringing food into Samoa. Can we bring packaged nuts and dry fruit? Do you have any other general advice for our trip?

Thanks in advance!

Edited: 02 March 2012, 02:41
kurrajong
Destination Expert
for Samoa
Level Contributor
835 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Samoa with kids...

Hi

ok the taxis are normal sized cars but you will proberly have a bit of luggage with the kiddies, so you can also get mini vans as well. there are heaps of taxis you wont have any problems, just one hint agree on a price first.

getting a taxi anytime of the day night at the airport wont be a problem.

its hot even in the middle of the night,

i;ve taken chocolate over before and to be honest it dosnt really survive ( but i stiill eat it!) just choose more solid things.

you can get bottled water everywhere, and when my friend travelled with her baby everyone was so helpful and let her use the kitchen so she could wash bottles etc, she brought over a container and milton tablets. but your baby is older so washing and rinsing with hot water should be fine.

i always take a snack bag, just declare everything and there wont be a problem.

ok tips -

pack lightly, honestly its so hot you wont wear much apart from swimmers and lava lavas (traditional samoan sarongs, you can buy cheaply over there) in town you can go to a laundromat and get clothes washed cheaply.

you have choosen a lovely place to stay at litia sinis the beach is wonderful, take a few pegs to hang your towels clothes on the lines they have.

i hope this helps

sue

2. Re: Visiting Samoa with kids...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 19:54
Get answers to your questions about Apia
Recent Conversations