We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

to live in Apia, Somoa

Perth, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
to live in Apia, Somoa

Dear Forum, I really appreciate any help/advice.

I am considering relocating to undertake work in Apia, Somoa for 1-3 years. We are a family with two young kides 6 and 4.

We enjoy outdoor activities and are not the type that live on a big budget, happy to go to local markets, pub meals, enjoying the beach and adventure. We are a pretty average Australian family, cook at home, couple meals out each week.

I would appreciate any advice on living costs, general cost for food and living. We would consider having a basic car for travel, a 3 bedroom house (unfurnished) that was nice but not excessive. We are being provided with an allowance of AUS20,000 for a house, and AUS15,000 per child for education at a private school.

I know it is hard to determine general living costs but any thought on the amount of money per year I would need to generally pay all my bills and have a fun life in Apia would be really appreciated.

I would be interested any additional knowledge if I pay tax and at what rate, for money earnt in Apia, Somoa.

Thank you again to any residents that could help this potential expat!

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
4,050 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: to live in Apia, Somoa

Malo lava SRobbo 2012

I am going to send you a private message with my email address so that you can contact me as the answers to your questions are quite lengthy and involved.

Hope this is OK but email is a lot better medium to discuss such a huge move.

Talk soon

Manuia le aso

Deb

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: to live in Apia, Somoa

so, did you did make it to Apia?

3. Re: to live in Apia, Somoa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Apia
Recent Conversations