We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which way

Which Lalomanu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
81 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
which way

Kia Ora, we have booked 2 nights at tauesema hidaway when we arrive and also to stay there the last night. We plan to stay at fales on Savi'i and at Taufua fales at Lalomanu. Do you think we should go to Savi'i first then come back and go to Lalomanu? We are likely to be using bus. Cheers Erin.

5 replies to this topic
Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,782 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which way

Malo lava Erin

Since you will be using buses definitely do Savaii first. Buses there are unreliable and difficult to meet flights without getting up in the wee hours to get to the ferry and airport. You're much better off being on Upolu for your final day and if they have time either Masi or Sara at Taumesina may be able to give you a lift to the airport rather than getting the bus. Although you could get the airport shuttle, which stops at Taumesina for 20 tala each, just ask Sara to arrange it for you.

Hope this helps

Manuia le aso

Deb.

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
81 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which way

Thanks Deb, we will get a more reliable transport to the airport. I thought it would be better going to Savi'i first. thanks for your help I'm sure Il'l think of more questions yet, cheers erin.

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,782 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which way

You're welcome Erin

Deb

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
81 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which way

I was wondering to about tablets for hayfever, colds etc. Are they readily availiable or should we bring some just in case? Cheers Erin.

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,782 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which way

You can by most hayfever medication over the counter, including those that are prescription only meds here. Prices are usually a lot cheaper than in Aust so I assume that the same applies to NZ prices. eg Phenergan is 5 sene per tablet, and some you can buy per packet although that does work out to be more expensive. You'll only find chemists is Apia though so I'd stock up while you're there or bring some with you.

Hope that helps

Manuia le aso

Deb

Reply to: which way
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted