We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I take a taxi from Nogales Az to Nogales Sonora?

Oregon
1 post
Save Topic
Can I take a taxi from Nogales Az to Nogales Sonora?

I was wondering if there were taxi's that take you from Nogales Az to Nogales MX? I will be driving down to Az and leaving my car with family in AZ. I was hoping to take a taxi to the bus station in Mx. Does anyone know if this is possiable?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,704 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I take a taxi from Nogales Az to Nogales Sonora?

Crossing the border in avehicle at Nogales is a big hassle. It's much easier to walk across and get a taxi on the other side.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,054 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I take a taxi from Nogales Az to Nogales Sonora?

Where are you going in Mexico? You can catch buses into Mexico in Tucson and Phoenix which would be less hassle overall. The best northern Mexico line TUFESA is available in both cities and connects anywhere in Mexico. It would be safe to take a taxi from the border to a bus station in Nogales Sonora (there's more than one), but the time would be unpredictable as the traffic is awful.

Do you have a passport? Otherwise make sure you have a government-issued id such as a drivers license and proof of citizenship such as a birth certificate which you will need both for obtaining a Mexican tourist permit and for re-entry into the US. If either would occur after June 2009, you will need a passport or the newly announced passport card.

3. Re: Can I take a taxi from Nogales Az to Nogales Sonora?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Nogales