We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nogales, hotel etc

south australia
Level Contributor
53 posts
223 reviews
Save Topic
Nogales, hotel etc

We are Aussies travelling to Sw USa in April. One of our planned stops is in Nogales Az for one night. Any hints on hoptels, resturaunts and of course safety.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,254 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nogales, hotel etc

We stayed in Nogales one time about 5 years ago. Never again. There is nothing about Nogales that would make me spend a night there again for food or lodging.

There's a golf resort about 15-20 miles up the road that is much more attractive and worth the few extra dollars and the drive. Sorry I can't recall the name. Hopefully one of the Tucson experts will know. And of course Tubac a little further up is even nicer.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,254 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nogales, hotel etc

I just remembered. It's called Rio Rico.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,276 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nogales, hotel etc

The resort at Rio Rico is called Esplendor Resort. Nogales AZ does have two decent hotels now. They are both on the west side of the city near the west border crossing on W. Mariposa Rd. just off the interstate, Holiday Inn Express and Candlewood Suites (brand new). The HI Express is very nice. Frankly there are no other decent hotels there, and none either in Nogales Sonora. I have stayed at the HI Express several times and can recommend it.

Why are you going to Nogales? There has been no recent violence reported in Nogales Sonora, but there have been incidents within recent months. No visitors have been hurt, but it is not considered safe to go there right now. The drug cartels are at war with each other and the police.

4. Re: Nogales, hotel etc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 21:18
Get answers to your questions about Nogales