We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants

Which Peoria hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
denver, co
Level Contributor
68 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants

We will be staying one night at the LaQunita (83rd Ave) early June - any reasonable good restaurants in the area. Looking for American type food. Would prefer to see parking as we are traveling with our dog. Thanks

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants

There are tons of places on 83rd ave. You will find many. Try the Elephant Bar, Cheese Cake Factory, Harly Davidson ect there are many across from the Peoria Sports complex. Don't count on being able to "see" your parking spot. You might try to leave your dog in the hotel room while you eat if possible. It will be very hot even at night in June in Phoenix.

denver, co
Level Contributor
68 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants

Thank you for your help. Did not think about night heat in June. One of our favorite restaurants that we will be stopping at again (for lunch) is in your back yard. The Pine Country is one we look forward to!!

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
2,373 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants

83rd Avenue and Bell is our local Restaurant Row - many restaurants. One of the newest ones is Skye. People in Phoenix like to dine out! If you aren't at your table by 6:30 pm prepare to wait. A few places take reservations - call ahead. If you turn on Bell Rd. and head south you will encounter several restaurants there also.

As for parking with your dog in your car. That can't happen here in the heat of summer unless you want the police to be called. Everyone looks out for children and animals left in locked cars in the heat (they can die in those conditons).

denver, co
Level Contributor
68 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants

Appreciate everyone looking out for our wonderful boy!! He is a standard poodle (retired show dog) and we would never put him at risk. Just was not thinking ARIZONA - would certainly have figured it out once we arrived. Good for the people and police in Arizona - too many people do not think of the consequences. Think we will just take a pizza back to the room. Any suggestions for good pizza in the area. Thanks to all.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants

On Deer vally rd nearby there is Time Square they have exellent pizza and great breakfast. Its right off of Deer Vally and I-17 not to far we eat there all the time. Its a local hole in the wall. The stopped delivering but its an easy drive.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants

Let me rephrase that is on Deer valley and 27th Ave.

…eastvalleytribune.com/phoenix-az/venues/sho…

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
2,373 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants

Unfortunately our favorite pizza place near 83rd Ave and Bell closed (Palo Verde Pizzeria). I just wanted to remind you that your hotel will also be an excellent source of locating a good pizza place that is nearby or even delivers.

denver, co
Level Contributor
68 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants

Thanks again to all. We appreciate all the help we can get.

Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants

One of my favorite places to dine on 83rd Ave. is Firebirds. Be sure to order the appetizer of homemade potato chips drizzled with melted blue cheese. Yumm. My husband and I could make an entire meal of it. But the steak salads are great at lunch - all the salads are great - and the steaks at dinner are really wonderful.

I also like Skye. They are a high end, dinner only, white table cloth restaurant, with a locally famous chef. If you want one night of real memories, do Skye. And plan to stay as they have music every night, usually dance music with a large dance floor.

Since it is hot you need to know that Maggie Moos for ice cream is directly across from the movie theater and next door to Firebirds.

83rd Ave. can entertain for hours.

10. Re: Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 04:15
Get answers to your questions about Peoria