We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mountain biking/hiking

usa
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Topic
mountain biking/hiking

Hi

My sister and I are flying into PHX arriving at night.Staying at the Hilton Tapatio cliffs and we were planning on heading out to Sedona the following morning. We want to do some mountain biking(intermediate riders) and hiking.

My question is, should we consider spending a whole day in this area and staying another night? Igot a great rate at the Hilton,much better than anything in Sedona. Is there a bike shop close to any of the trails that we can just rent and ride? How does this area compare to Sedona?

This is our first trip to Arizona so any info is appreciated.

Thanks!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,790 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mountain biking/hiking

Get to Sedona as fast as you can! Nothing in the valley compares.

SedonaMTB is our biking expert. I'm sure she'll see your post and respond.

Chandler, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
841 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mountain biking/hiking

When are you doing this trip? If it is soon or October or later, there are some fantastic bike trips and hikes in the Phoenix area. If it is after the next few weeks, you'd have to do your hiking and bike trips early to avoid the heat.

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Des Moines
Level Contributor
508 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mountain biking/hiking

You might contact the Hilton to see if they rent bikes or have a relationship with a nearby bike shop. We've rented bikes in the past and ridden in the mountain areas around Scottsdale, which has been great.

Sedona is lovely, but there are wonderful recreational options in the Phoenix metro area, too. If you're hikers, consider a hike up Camelback Mtn. for a panoramic view of the city.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,790 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mountain biking/hiking

Sorry gecko and dog. I didn't mean to offend you valley folks.

usa
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: mountain biking/hiking

Hi

We are coming May 1.

What bike shops and trails are recommended?

We thought we could do a morning ride and lounge around the pool for the rest of the day. Need a break from this crazy New England spring.

Thanks

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Des Moines
Level Contributor
508 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mountain biking/hiking

RedRox:

No worries! Your enthusiasm for Sedona is totally understandable.

7. Re: mountain biking/hiking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 05:24
Get answers to your questions about Phoenix