We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

microbrew pubs in Phoenix?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
microbrew pubs in Phoenix?

Any micro brew pubs in Phoenix that you recommend? I'll be there for two days in September and would like to try some local brews while I am there.

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
6,223 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: microbrew pubs in Phoenix?

Four Peaks is the best, I think. And they distribute their beer all over the state. The brewpub is in Tempe, but they also have a bar in Scottsdale (the Tempe one is better). http://www.fourpeaks.com/

Papago is also supposed to be good. It's in South Scottsdale in a weird location. http://www.papagobrewing.com/

Beware of Gordon Biersch, Rock Bottom and BJ's. Decent places, but all national chains.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: microbrew pubs in Phoenix?

colinaz hit the nail on the head with every sentence. Not bad for a Tucsonan. ;)

Four Peaks is fun. Lots of students and profs from nearby ASU.

Chandler, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
841 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: microbrew pubs in Phoenix?

In addition to Four Peaks, I'd recommend:

Rio Salado

1520 West Mineral Road

Tempe, AZ 85283

(480) 755-1590

Copper Canyon

5945 West Ray Road

Chandler, AZ 85226

(480) 705-9700

Finding Rio Salado is an experience in itself, it is in a business park. Once inside, it is very unique, seems either very crowded or hardly anyone.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
2,432 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: microbrew pubs in Phoenix?

Sonoran Brewing Company is another. I haven't been to the brewery but have enjoyed their beverages at other locations.

http://www.sonoranbrewing.com/

Prescott, Arizona
Level Contributor
295 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: microbrew pubs in Phoenix?

ah..beer .. one of my favorite topics!

Four Peaks and Copper Canyon are prob'ly the best the valley has to offer.. now a little further north in Cave Creek you'll find The Satisfied Frog and Ed's Chili Beer (unique for sure).

buena suerte

Renton, Washington
Level Contributor
118 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: microbrew pubs in Phoenix?

When I went to a Cardinals game last year, there was a brew pub across the parking lot. It had the best Hefeweisen; it was kind of sweet. Does anyone know the name of that place? It was about the only thing that was open for business at that time.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: microbrew pubs in Phoenix?

Thanks for all the info. Sounds like Four Peaks and Copper Canyon are the places to check out while I am there. And your right I don't want to go to the national chains.

Prescott, Arizona
Level Contributor
295 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: microbrew pubs in Phoenix?

The place outside Chase Field >>>>Leinenkugels ballyard brewery.. Part of Miller Beer chain.. decent beer tho.. heard a rumour that they arent open ?

Renton, Washington
Level Contributor
118 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: microbrew pubs in Phoenix?

No, no, no. Not chase field. The Cardinals...you know? Football? The brew pub outside of the football field? What is the name of that place? I want to know.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
28 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: microbrew pubs in Phoenix?

it's called the yard house.