We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday April 27th

Hickory, North...
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday April 27th

We arrive in Pheonix on the 25th of April. Friday night: dinner with an uncle. Saturday: Visit my dad in Salome.

Sunday: What do we do? I am open to any and all suggestions.

I'm 59 and the wife is 49, both active. I enjoy photography, sailing and sun. Wife enjoys sun, sun, and sun! LOL

Thanks, Dutch

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
63,416 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday April 27th

How about a day trip to Sedona? 2 hour drive. Take a jeep tour. Have a nice romantic dinner. Drive back to PHX.

Mentioned in this post
Hickory, North...
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday April 27th

Thanks, RedRox!

Now do you or anyone else have a few suggestions for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We are staying in Peoria and, as a photographer looking for good morning light, we will be leaving for Senora very early. Like six-ish.

Dutch

Mentioned in this post
Peoria
Peoria
Central Arizona, AZ
Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday April 27th

You can get some good photos around Black Canyon City on the way up of the cactus. For Sedona well almost anywhere but definately air port road for some photos. The top of Bell Rock if you can climb it. Try Coffee Pot for breakfast and possibly lunch. I 2nd the Pink Jeep trip. You might also enjoy the Indian ruins at Montezuma's Well and castle just before the Sedona exit. Worth a stop. If you have time you'd probably enjoy a few hours at Jerome which is also nearby if you have time great views!

www.visitsedona.com

www.pinkjeep.com

Mentioned in this post
Bell Rock
Bell Rock
3,929 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Pink Jeep Tours Sedona
Pink Jeep Tours Sedona
8,123 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Sedona
Sedona
Arizona
Jerome
Jerome
Arizona
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday April 27th

On your way from Phoenix to Sedona, stop and take some photos at Palatki Ruins. There are ancient cliff dwellings and cave drawings there. Wear sneakers, there is a short uphill walk involved. The surrounding views are amazing too. But, you need to call the Red Rock Ranger District before you go (we called that morning) for a reservation. The drive out there is a bit dusty, but worth it.

Mentioned in this post
Palatki Ruins
Palatki Ruins
650 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Phoenix
Phoenix
Central Arizona, AZ
Sedona
Sedona
Arizona
5. Re: Sunday April 27th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 03:16