We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrive tomorrow!

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hickory, North...
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Arrive tomorrow!

We arrive in Pheonix about 11:00 am. Staying in Peoria. We are having dinner with my uncle who lives near Bell road east of highway 17.

any suggestions for a good restaurant?

Aything special happening on Sunday? We are still planning on driving to Sedona for the day but are still open to other ideas.

Thanx, Dutch

Chandler, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
837 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arrive tomorrow!

Are you looking for any specific type of food, or do you have a price range? That area has typical chains, and a few local joints.

Off the top of my head, I know of a Macayo's in the area (Thunderbird/19th Ave), a Via Luna (Bell/35th Ave) for Mexican. There's a Native New Yorker (pizza/wings) at Bell/27th Ave. For something more unique, Kanpai (Japanese) is at Bell/32nd St. All of those are pretty reasonable.

If you venture up to the 101 frontage road (around 27th Ave/Beardsley) there are loads more restaurants, including a Macaroni Grill.

Hickory, North...
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arrive tomorrow!

Thanks!

Any more? Good BBQ? Ribs?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,060 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arrive tomorrow!

If you make it to Sedona on Sunday, you might want to try Red Rock Barbeque just below the Y on Hwy 179.

Hickory, North...
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arrive tomorrow!

Thanks, RedRox

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
2,408 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arrive tomorrow!

83rd Avenue and Bell Road is commonly referred to locals as "Restaurant row" - MANY good restaurants. I hesitate to recommend one not knowing what kind of food you like.

Also many good restaurants down Bell Road between 51st Avenue and 83rd Avenue. You are in the right part of town to eat :-) If you go after 6pm try to get a reservation - people in Phoenix love to eat and the restaurants are always full!

If you go early in the morning before it heats up

The Desert Botanical Gardens

http://www.dbg.org/

would be a beautiful, peaceful outing. You didn't mention your interests but most visitors love going there.

Take a water bottle, wear sunscreen and a hat. Summer is on our doorstep.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arrive tomorrow!

One of my favorite local places is just up the road at Deer Valley and 27th Ave. Its called Time Square. Has great cheap breakfast, decent pizza and awesome sandwiches. Its a local hole in the wall but good stuff. Oh don't get the hasbrowns.

Bell has a lot of good places also Desert Ridge mall on Tatum and the 101 has a great place called the Yard House. And a few other good places like Cheesecake factory and more.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,060 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arrive tomorrow!

If the Yard House is the same as the one in Palm Desert, they have great turkey burgers.

NoCal
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Arrive tomorrow!

there is a BBQ place at Bell Road across from the Peoria Sports Complex, near 87th? Forget the name of it, just drive by, you'll see BBQ in the name.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Arrive tomorrow!

The BBQ place across from the Peora Sports complex is the Texas Roadhouse and its awesome. Exellent drinks and food.

Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Arrive tomorrow!

I work in Peoria and it's true that 83rd Ave. south of Bell is Restaurant Row. Just had a fantastic lunch at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill. Really excellent food and bar.

I also enjoy Cheesecake Factory and Elephant Bar very much.

Also, in this very area is the Arizona Broadway Theater - which serves dinner with a great play. Right now I can highly recommend their show Jekyl and Hyde - superb cast.

Enjoy!