We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jeep tour advice

maryland
Level Contributor
77 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
jeep tour advice

Hi-Family of 3 is traveling to Phoenix June 25th for a week. We've planned a trip to grand canyon and now looking for something different and think my 17 year old would enjoy a 1/2 day desert jeep tour. can someone suggest a good tour and company? any advice on whether better to take the 8am or the 2pm tour- seems like most offer one or the other times. some are more western theme- confusing what might be the best. any advice greatly appreciated.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jeep tour advice

Considering its a minimum of 3 hours to get to the GC S rim from some parts of Phoenix(one way) you are looking at 6 hours of driving alone so a half day is out of the question. Its a full day adventrure. Stay the night if you can and want to get the most out of it. If you are looking into tours you might look at the first 2 that Open road tours offers. openroadtours.com/phoenix/…default.htm but plan to be there all day and a long day.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
61,495 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jeep tour advice

Are you saying you want to do a jeep tour in PHX instead of taking a day to go to the GCNP? Or are you thinking that you can do a jeep tour at the Grand Canyon? If so, both are bad ideas. Don't skip the GCNP, but don't expect to do a jeep tour there. There are no vehicles in the canyon.

The best jeep tours in AZ are in Sedona. Now that would be worth a day trip from PHX!

Temecula, California
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
542 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jeep tour advice

So, do you get the feeling that you just confused the heck out of everybody?

The way I read your post, GC is already on the agenda. (It will be a FULL day trip on it's own)

And then it looks like you are asking about a jeep tour in Phoenix as a seperate activity. (Did I get that right?)

Well, if you're going to do a jeep in Phoenix, I would recommend the Hummer tour

phoenixtours.us/tours/tourType.cfm/ttid2/459…

But, more than that I would agree with Redrox, go to Sedona and do the Pink Jeep Tour.....much better experience.

Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jeep tour advice

Pink Jeep tours in Sedona are wonderful. I take everyone I know on one. They can last all different times and go to various spots. Your 17 year old will love it!

maryland
Level Contributor
77 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: jeep tour advice

yes, I see how it could be confusing! I had too much information! we are doing grand canyon for sure. since that is a lot of driving all day, I want to do another fun thing another day. so was thinking of a 1/2 day jeep or hummer tour. there are several different kinds. seems like people think the sedona is the best, but was looking for something for about 4 hours where they pick us up at phoenix for 1/2 day.

thanks!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
61,495 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: jeep tour advice

You will have much more fun if you drive to Sedona for a day and do your jeep tour there. The surrounding scenery will blow you away.

Temecula, California
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
542 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: jeep tour advice

Debt,

Sedona is a better jeep tour, but if you don't have the time, do the early morning hummer tour.....2:00 will still be hot.

8. Re: jeep tour advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 02:16