We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Photo Opps

Chicago
Level Contributor
214 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Photo Opps

All,

Do you know of any good photo opps in and around Phoenix?

Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tempe
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Photo Opps

Oh, gosh, there are loads! Do you want cacti, or views, or buildings, or what?

Here are the first ones that come to mind:

Hole in the Rock in Papago Park

Any of the South Mountain lookouts, or the CCC building remnants at the end of the dirt road at Pima Canyon (have to hike, can't drive the road)

Any hike

Desert Botanical Garden, especially during the Chihuly exhibit.

Taliesin West

Lost Dutchman State Park

Saguaro Lake boat trip, and be sure to stop at the picnic area closest to the lake (you need to get a parking pass for the picnic area before you leave Mesa, but we've made a brief photo stop without a pass)

Boyce Thompson Arboretum State Park

I'll wait and see what others post and then maybe add more.

Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Photo Opps

I have to second the idea for Desert Botanical Garden especially during the Chihuly exhibit from now until May. We have awesome photos.

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
6,231 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Photo Opps

In the spring, Saguaro Ranch Park in Glendale.

White Tank Mountain Park

Tempe Town Lake park, particularly in the direction of the Mill Ave bridge at night.

The fountain in Fountain Hills.

Palm Lane north of Downtown Phoenix.

Other stuff depends on how far out of town you're willing to go.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,162 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Photo Opps

Hike up camelback mountain, drive up south mountain, squaw peak, i'm from back east to, so i can tell you if you've never been to phoenix, just keep the camera out, everything looks fun! unless you wonder down to the hood, but dont worry compared to the south side of chicago, our south side is like the bahamas (gun or personal protection still required).

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
45 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Photo Opps

Lake Pleasant would be nice, also.

6. Re: Photo Opps

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 05:26