We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scottsdale- trolley/restuaurants

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
291 reviews
Save Topic
Scottsdale- trolley/restuaurants

I will be on the McKellips and N Scottsdale location

I think there is a free trolley in Scottsdale, in fact what I printed off indicates 2 - one downtown and one below it. Is it my imagination or does this trolley extend to just north of where I will be?

Also does anyone know of any restaurants nearby where I am staying?

Thanks

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scottsdale- trolley/restuaurants

You're right - there is the Downtown Trolley and the Neighborhood Trolley which goes as far south as Roosevelt (about 1/2 mile north of McKellips). You can also use the free Orbit minibuses that go to Tempe. You'd be on the Orbit Earth line which goes to Tempe Marketplace - several restaurants there.

There are some restaurants along Scottsdale Rd. A good Italian place (can't think of the name right now) but mostly chain types. Atlas Bistro on Scottsdale between McDowell and Thomas is wonderful! Duke's Sports Bar on McDowell is good casual food. George's Gyros on McKellips has fabulous sandwiches. There's a Hometown Buffet on Scottsdale Rd.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scottsdale- trolley/restuaurants

Thanks I wondered what that orbit thing was. Wish that trolley was a bit closer. First time that I have not stayed in metrocenter area. However I have been to Old town before.

3. Re: Scottsdale- trolley/restuaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 06:26