We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help w/hotel in Flagstaff

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need help w/hotel in Flagstaff

My husband and I will be staying on Flagstaff for one night and I need help w/hotels. I booked the Holiday Inn Express through AAA but now I'm reading on the forums that the train whistles are a problem w/this hotel. Is that true? If so, which hotel is a good choice. We will be staying in Flagstaff on May 17th. Thanks for the help!

Mentioned in this post
Flagstaff
Flagstaff
Arizona
Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help w/hotel in Flagstaff

Some of the better options is the Raddsion, Embassy Suites, Drury Inn, and Little America. If it has an address w/ Rt 66 you will hear the train. not knowing which holiday inn you booked its hard to say. My go list has an interactive discovery map of flagstaff to show you where things are.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i3541-Northern_…

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help w/hotel in Flagstaff

Thanks for the quick reply . . we are booked at the Holiday Inn Express on 2320 E Lucky Lane. What do you think???

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help w/hotel in Flagstaff

Its an ok place to stay but you will probably hear the train at night.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
2,561 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help w/hotel in Flagstaff

The hotels named by DragonflyLady would be quieter. I'm used to using a regular map that shows the hotels along Milton south of Rt 66 and around the Beulah/Forest Meadows Roads areas that I know are quiet. At the Comfort Inn, Hampton Inn on Beulah and La Quinta I've never heard the train. I actually have heard it at Little America if you face north (of course, I like to sleep with the window open in Flagstaff:-)

Mentioned in this post
Flagstaff
Flagstaff
Arizona
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
333 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help w/hotel in Flagstaff

Hi,

Thank you for visiting our beautiful part of the U.S. we appreciate you traveling!

Yes, the Holiday Inn Express on Lucky Lane is close to a Burlington Northern Santa Fe RR crossing and you probably will have train horns to deal with.

I would recommend the Hampton Inn on South Beulah, I just stayed there last week and it was great!! The staff was very friendly and helpful, the hotel rooms were exceedingly nice, and the hot breakfast was great too. In the same area there's a Hilton Garden, a Fairfield Inn S. Milton, a LaQuinta Inn So. Beulah and a Quality Inn So. Milton. All of these are far enough away from the RR tracks so you will probably not be disturbed. Enjoy your stay!

Mentioned in this post
Santa Fe
Santa Fe
New Mexico
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help w/hotel in Flagstaff

Thank you all for the imput. I really appreciate the help! Think I'll change my reservations to either the LaQuinta or the Hampton Inn. Thanks again!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help w/hotel in Flagstaff

Sorry to be such a pest . . but I just noticed that a Fairfield Inn was in the area . . how is that hotel???

Thanks again!

Arizona
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help w/hotel in Flagstaff

Based on overall looks and location, I'd say the Fairfield, La Quinta and Hampton are all comparable.

9. Re: Need help w/hotel in Flagstaff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 03:18