We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort recommendations for March?

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Resort recommendations for March?

Our family is considering taking a trip to Phoenix during our Spring Break which mid to late March. We would like to stay at a resort for relaxation, sun and waterplay. Our girls are 9 and 7 years old. I've read some TA reviews and see that there are waterparks at Arizona Grand Resort and Pointe Hilton Squaw Peake Resort. Which one would you recommend? Are there other resorts with waterparks like slides and lazy rivers? Will mid/late March weather be warm/hot?

Thank you for your help!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
619 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort recommendations for March?

March will be lovely, definitely not hot - average H/L of 76/51. It is our rainiest month, but take that with a grain of salt...our desert climate brings very little rain, and it certainly never lasts for long. As for accommodations, Arizona Grand is great if you're planning on mainly staying within the hotel and immediate area, but it's far from many attractions, including the Biltmore area and Scottsdale. The Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak is in a better area but it's maybe a half notch below the Arizona Grand in quality. Other resorts you might want to consider that have either lazy rivers or slides are the Hyatt Gainey Ranch, JW Marriott Desert Ridge, Westin Kierland, Fairmont Princess, and Arizona Biltmore.

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort recommendations for March?

The Arizona Grand Resort would be my choice. I think the waterpark is much better and there are several attractions such as Rawhide (an old western town), the Phoenix Zoo and Desert Botanical Gardens within 5 to 10 miles of the resort. If you are baseball fan, you could catch a spring training game. The Resorts location near the I-10 freeway provides easy access to the Phoenix area.

March weather will be perfect for enjoying outdoor activities. Drink lots of water, wear sunscreen and enjoy your trip!

Phoenix
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort recommendations for March?

One other nice thing about Arizona Grand is that it is 5 minutes from Diablo Stadium, where the Angels play spring ball; 20 minutes from HoHokam, where the Cubs train, 15 minutes from Municipal, where the As train, and 25 minutes from Scottsdale, where the Giants train. That is, of course, if you like baseball. If not, Gameworks at Arizona Mills is 2 minutes away, as is an IMAX Theatre.

CT
Level Contributor
2,119 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resort recommendations for March?

We have stayed at the ARizona Grand in April, 2 years ago, and LOVED it. My son loved the water park. Read my review for more info. I chose the ARizona Grand as our last stop after Sedona and the Grand Canyon for R&R for my DH and fun for my DS and it was perfect for my family. It is pretty large so request a building near the water park. We stayed in the Sedona building which worked out really well. There were nice options for walking to various restaurants too. My favorite part was relaxing under the palm trees at the water park!!! My second choice was the Hyatt at Gainey Ranch.

I am headed back to Phoenix in October and will be staying at the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peake Resort for a conference so I can give you a comparison if you PM me in October.

We had 85 degree weather in April which was cool, I believe, for that time of year. I thought it was perfect.

5. Re: Resort recommendations for March?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2010, 04:17