We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The perfect day in Flagstaff?

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
The perfect day in Flagstaff?

Ok celebrating a birthday tomorrow for a 27 yr old woman, she wants to go to Flagstaff, what's a GREAT itinerary for a really awesome day, starting around 9am, and heading back to Phoenix around 9pm. She's in good shape and enjoy cultural things as well. I posted this in the flag forum as well.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Puerto Penasco
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The perfect day in Flagstaff?

I would start off by going through Sedona and Oak Creek canyon instead ot taking I-17 all the way there. Hopefully you get some good suggestion for when you get there.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,507 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The perfect day in Flagstaff?

I have to agree about Sedona and Oak Creek canyon. If the weather is like it is today, you could end up spending most of the day in Oak Creek canyon. Hike West Fork and enjoy the earlt fall.

If the weather gets poor, the Museum of Northern AZ in Flag is outstanding. You can also visit ruinssites at Walnut Canyon or Wupatki, just outside Flagstaff. Both Flag and Sedona have lots of great restaurant choices for dinner at the end of the day.

Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tempe
Level Contributor
2,016 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The perfect day in Flagstaff?

I would go straight to Flagstaff. Take a picnic lunch and plan an easy hike. Maybe Walnut Canyon National Monument (nice picnic area, facilities) or Red Mountain (a bit further, no facilities). Then spend a couple hours at the Museum of Northern Arizona. Pick a spot downtown for dinner (RedRox would recommend Brix, I think. I want to try the Beaver Street Brewery). You should have some time to wander the historic downtown before heading back.

4. Re: The perfect day in Flagstaff?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2010, 06:21