We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Relocating: need some advice

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
467 posts
238 reviews
Save Topic
Relocating: need some advice

Moving to Phoenix in December. Was wondering if any of you locals know of a good place to board a cat while we house search. Preferabbly near Luke AFB or not to far of a drive from there.

I know that housing is a big topic on here but Im curious, hows the renting situation out there if I want to rent a house? Im afraid of buying a house simply because I used to have a ton of debt and am worried the market will burst when it comes time to sell.

And hows the job market out there currently? Will I have any trouble looking for a job in the finance sector?

Thats about it. Thanks for your help :)

Gilbert
Level Contributor
952 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Relocating: need some advice

Not sure on the cat advice, but I can offer advice on renting a house. Check out:

http://www.rentalhotsheet.com/areas.asp

You can search for rental homes on that site, and also at:

www.azcentral.com/class/republicrentals.html

Intel is hiring a ton of Engineers right now. They usually have finance departments that support those Engineers & groups working in the Fab (after all, it's the finance analysts that handle the money for Fab equipment, headcount, overall spending, etc.) - that might be a good place to start looking. It's a great company with good salaries and benefits.

Gilbert
Level Contributor
952 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Relocating: need some advice

But just to note - most of Intel's sites are located in the southeast Valley (Chandler, specifically)

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
467 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Relocating: need some advice

Cool! Thanks for your tips :)

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,441 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Relocating: need some advice

You would also like the site

www.realtor.com

It has both rentals and sales.

Gilbert
Level Contributor
952 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Relocating: need some advice

I helped my husband build this site:

www.cactushomes.com

If you click on Arizona Information, there is a TON of useful relocation links including maps, rental homes/apartments, Motor Vehicle Division, job searches, etc. etc. I hunted down a lot of those links myself and hopefully you'll find them helpful in your move!

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Relocating: need some advice

ditto on realtor.com for rentals or buying. good site. as far as jobs, I think there are is a decent need for finance related jobs. Jobing.com is a local job site that I like. If you have any experience in healthcare field, you are golden....helthcare industry is HUGE out in AZ.

As far as cat boarding goes I've always used services through PetSmart, and they have a pet hotel, I have not used it myself, but it's worth checking into.

Scottsdale, AZ
Level Contributor
384 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Relocating: need some advice

Google is going to make the Phoenix area it's home and will be opening up 600 new jobs. And, e-Bay has just announced that they are also coming to the Valley. The employment future looks quite bright.

We have just experienced an enormous increase in our housing market and prices are finally starting to settle down. Months ago, there were multiple offers on every home and it was very difficult on home buyers. That's no longer the case.

The rental market is strong as a lot of homes that were purchased were by investors. These homes have now been placed into inventory for rental.

Hope that this helps a little.

Arizona
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Relocating: need some advice

There are many options to rent or lease a house.

The job market in the finance sector is good especially if you specialize in mortgage.