We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking at a place to stay for 3 people

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
looking at a place to stay for 3 people

I am planning a trip during spring training this year however we are three adults...any suggestions on good places to stay....all three of us are coming from different places. vancouver, toronto and los gatos california

Phoenix
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: looking at a place to stay for 3 people

The answer depends on a lot of factors: your budget, how long you plan to be here, day trips, etc.

That said, Spring Training in Arizona is fabulous. The Phoenix area hosts more than a dozen teams and there is a game somewhere in the metro area every day.

If you're hear for more than a week, you might want to get a condo. You should contact a reputable real estate agent to find a good rental.

If you're looking for hotels, metro Phoenix has plenty. If I were visiting, and my budget allowed, I would base myself somewhere in Scottsdale. Old Town Scottsdale has several great hotels ranging from Hampton Inn to the "W" and everything in between.

However, many teams train in the west valley. While there are fewer hotel options (and only one true resort) on the west side, there are a number of newer mid-range motels and hotels. I would stay anywhere west of the I-10, Hwy 101 interchange if I were to be on the west side. Plenty of Holiday Inn Express, Hilton Garden Inn, etc., around here.

You could also find plenty of great places in the East Valley. The Arizona Grand Resort, Tempe Buttes Resort, Mesa / East Phoenix Hilton, San Marcos Resort and many, many others are located on the east side of town.

If you want nightlife, stay in Old Town Scottsdale. If you want to get away from town easily to hit Sedona or the Grand Canyon, stay on the west side to be near the stadiums and easy freeway access. If you like more sedate and relaxed areas, Mesa (part of the East Valley) is your choice.

There are quite a few other great areas such as Desert Ridge and Kierland, but they aren't close to as many stadiums as the previously mentioned areas.

toronto
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: looking at a place to stay for 3 people

I plan on staying a week ...budget has to be within the $400 dollar range-looking at $70-100 a night...no more than that....would want to be close to ball parks ...however i wouldnt be staying longer than a week...want to go to peoria...also want to go to grand canyon...

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,408 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: looking at a place to stay for 3 people

The Peoria Sports Complex has a website for visitors that includes this list of lodging choices: www.visitpeoriaaz.com/accommodations.php These will probably be the most affordable. Being close to Interstate 17 will get you on the way to the Grand Canyon.

http://www.cactusleague.com/c_plan.php is a good general site for the Cactus League in the valley as well.

Staying up on the 101 Loop where it intersects the 17 and 51 might also be a good option, that is a very central part of the valley, close to almost all the game sites.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
15,393 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: looking at a place to stay for 3 people

During peak season, $70-100 is in the range of accommodations such as Extended Stay, La Quinta Suites, etc. Unless you mean per person, then you could look at combining funds for a condo or places which have multiple bedrooms such as Xona Suites. You might also try Hotwire when the time is closer.

Peoria is easily reached. Going to the Grand Canyon is best as an overnight trip. It's 4 hours each way to GCNP from the Phoenix area. It makes for a hectic day trip.

5. Re: looking at a place to stay for 3 people

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 January 2010, 15:05
6. Re: looking at a place to stay for 3 people

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2010, 05:15