We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer and Basketball

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
447 reviews
Save Topic
Beer and Basketball

Two questions:

First, any recommendations for eateries around the US Airways Arena (my group of hackers will be taking in a Suns game as part of the annual golf-fest)?

Second, where are the good microbreweries in the Phoenix area? Any input on Four Peaks in Tempe? (OK that was three questions).

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beer and Basketball

recommended for restaurants near US Airways Arena

Kincaids (fine dining)

Cooperstown (Alice Cooper's restaurant) casual

Majerle's Sports Bar (casual)

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
5,807 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beer and Basketball

> Second, where are the good microbreweries in the Phoenix area?

Sonoran Brewhouse/Sun Up on Camelback east of Central is excellent. They also have happy hour 7 days per week with $3 pints and half off appetizers (good food, too). There's a new one that's pretty good in Tempe called Sleepy Dog. It's on University a little west of the 101 freeway. No food there though. My other fav in the Valley is in Downtown Chandler, called San Tan Brewing. Really good place, nice staff, great beers, great food and lots of TVs. If you're in that area, that's a really good place to go. They also have a happy hour, but only M-F, IIRC.

There are a few chain places (Rock Bottoms, Gordon Biersch's, etc.) around the Valley as well as, of course, Four Peaks. Four Peaks is good, but gets excessively crowded most nights, particularly on the weekends. There's also Papago in Scottsdale. I don't really like their beers, but it's not a bad place.

Downtown, I'd also throw Steve's Greenhouse Grill. It's kind of a sports bar, but has an interesting atmosphere and some pretty good food. Very close to the arena too.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
2,378 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beer and Basketball

Four Peaks is great. Good food, service, and brews. I've never had a problem getting a table or a spot at the bar.

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
447 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beer and Basketball

Thanks for the responses to date. Lots of great options, it seems.

Phoenix
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beer and Basketball

All good suggestions. You might also look at Stoudemire's which is across the street from US Airways Center, Coach & Willie's, a few blocks south, Hard Rock Cafe is also across from the arena. All have similar menus (burgers, some steaks, chicken, etc.).

Chandler, AZ
Level Contributor
50 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beer and Basketball

i LOVE four peaks. amazing food and amazing beer. you must try their fries with chipotle ranch and i'd recommend getting their beer flight (a few ounce sample of each brew) and then getting pints or pitchers of your favs.

7. Re: Beer and Basketball

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2010, 07:16