We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting ASU Tempe Campus

Minnesota
Level Contributor
80 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting ASU Tempe Campus

I will be in Tempe for just a day but would like to visit ASU campus. I have heard it is a beautiful campus and would like to visit. Any suggestions on what to see?

Mentioned in this post
Tempe
Tempe
Central Arizona, AZ
Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Pinetop-Lakeside
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
341 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting ASU Tempe Campus

Obviously you'll want to see the entire campus, especially any buildings that pertain to your major. Visit the registrar's office and request a map of the campus. If they don't have one they should be able to tell you where to obtain one. You'll also want to see the student housing, visit the Sun Devils' football stadium, etc. It is a beautiful campus. Consider talking to other students on campus (more than one) to learn about their experiences at ASU. As a graduate of ASU I think you'' be more than pleased with what you see and hear about the university . Good luck!

Phoenix
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting ASU Tempe Campus

Not sure if you can get inside, but you should stop by Gammage Auditorium. It was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright and is beautiful.

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Pinetop-Lakeside
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
341 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting ASU Tempe Campus

The outside of Gammage is beautiful - the inside is past time for updating but I still love it. There are no scheduled tours, but if you want a tour they will give you one free - even for just 1 or 2 people. Call 480-965-0458 and they will be happy to assist you. There is no charge for the tour.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
80 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting ASU Tempe Campus

Thank You for the number! That will be great.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
954 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting ASU Tempe Campus

The opinion that the Gammage Center is beautiful is not universal. I personally think it is hideous and have heard it referred to as the monster that ate Tempe. To each his own.

Mentioned in this post
Tempe
Tempe
Central Arizona, AZ
6. Re: Visiting ASU Tempe Campus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2010, 05:17