We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Phoenix - best area to stay

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mapua, New Zealand
Level Contributor
368 posts
255 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Phoenix - best area to stay

We will be spending 2 nights in Phoenix in late September and are not sure what area to stay in. We like to be walking distance to restaurants and shops and maybe art galleries if possible. We prefer 4 - 5 star hotels. Would a hotel in Scottsdale be a good option? I appreciate any recommendations. Thank you

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Puerto Penasco
Level Contributor
1,911 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Phoenix - best area to stay

"Best" is not one of my favorite adjectives since it can be so subjective, but based on the information you have provided I would recommend Old town Scottsdale. http://www.scottsdaledowntown.com/.

Have a great visit.

Edited: 16 July 2010, 15:07
Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
2,368 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Phoenix - best area to stay

Look at Hotel Valley Ho to be walking distance Old Town shops, restaurants and art galleries. Consider Westin Kierland which is adjacent to Kierland Commons, an upscale outdoor mall. http://www.kierlandcommons.com/home.asp

Mapua, New Zealand
Level Contributor
368 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Phoenix - best area to stay

Thank you for your posts and your replies confirm my thoughts that Scottsdale would be our best option. I have an abundance of Starwood points so may look at the W or Westin. Thank you

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
2,368 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Phoenix - best area to stay

You're welcome. Either one would be a good choice. Enjoy!

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,411 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Phoenix - best area to stay

September will be a good time to enjoy the pools, so you might like the Westin Kierland - it has a lazy "floating" river that is quite popular and the restaurants at the Commons are wonderful. The W is a fairly new site in Scottsdale and a trendy favorite with the nightclub group.

6. Re: First time to Phoenix - best area to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2011, 07:30