We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick visit

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Quick visit

Hey there...

I need a couple of quick suggestions for a very brief visit to Phoenix. I have Saturday afternoon/night. (then I'm going to the Canyon - that's taken care of) Then I'll be back in Phoenix on Monday afternoon.

Any recommendations would be gratefully appreciated.

Reuben

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick visit

Hi

Depending on your interests I'd suggest: http://www.heard.org/ or: http://www.themim.org/ Or just drive to Scottsdale and explore Old Town.

Have a great trip!

Tet

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
2,600 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick visit

Tet's suggestions are good. With our heat and current storms, planning indoor activities would be your best bet. Old Town Scottsdale has some interesting shops, good restaurants, and bars. Have a wonderful trip to our city.

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick visit

Got culture? You bet...I also love the Heard Museum (Downtown Phoenix) which has an excellent collection of modern and traditional Native art. Or Taliesin West (N. Scottsdale) if you are an architecture / Frank Lloyd Wright fan (his AZ home and a current school of architecture). For something off the beaten path, visit Cosanti (Central Scottsdale) where Paolo Soleri, a former apprentice of Wright's, creates bronze windbells with the purest tone that even this tone deaf AZ gal can appreciate.

Sporting type? The AZ Diamondbacks play the San Diego Padres Saturday and it should be a great game actually. The ballpark (Downtown Phoenix) is state of the art (and air conditioned!). Afterwards, stand in line at Pizzeria Bianco for what many folks hail as the best pizza in N. America.

Like a great view? Drive up South Mountain and on a clear day you can see for miles and miles. OK, so it's not the Grand Canyon!

Like a great view and a tasty libation? Visit The Phoenician and sit at the Thirsty Camel with a cold beverage, or head to the Sanctuary on Camelback for a hip martini. Maybe you'll see Chef Beau, our fave local celebrity chef and a great guy to boot.

Hope this gets you started - thanks for visiting our fair state!

4. Re: Quick visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2011, 06:16