We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

phoenix sun ticket seating good or bad

Brisbane, Australia
14 posts
Save Topic
phoenix sun ticket seating good or bad

Hi

We are an Australian family looking at buying 5 tickets to Suns vs Lakers On the 5th Jan 2011.I have looked at availiable Tickets for sale ,what are 203 row 8 like ?Or can you advise better options we are hoping not to pay more than $250 a ticket: also what are the best sites to purchase from overseas?We do what to sit together.

Thank you in advance for all information.

Keentovisitaussie

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
63,664 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: phoenix sun ticket seating good or bad

You can get a seating chart at the same website that sells the tickets.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Puerto Penasco
Level Contributor
2,056 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: phoenix sun ticket seating good or bad

If you haven't already, take a look at this chart tosee where your seats would be: http://tinyurl.com/2cyz6lq

You can buy the tickets directly from US Airways center or Ticketmaster

http://www.usairwayscenter.com/tickets/

Suns / Lakers games are one of the most popular games of the season so don't wait too long.

Edited: 03 September 2010, 01:55
Brisbane, Australia
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: phoenix sun ticket seating good or bad

Thanks

Did have a look at the seating chart,203 is the upper level in the centre row 8.

I was just worried that the seats were too far away, we are making a special affect to see the game and just wanted to check seats were ok.

Keentovisitaussie

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,896 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: phoenix sun ticket seating good or bad

I'll tell you what the seats are like if you promise to cheer for the Suns and not the Lakers! ;)>

Ok, just kidding. The nice thing about the US Airways Arena is that it's a more "intimate" feeling venue than some of the other, enormous arenas that have been constructed recently. Meaning, even the upper level seats don't feel ridiculously far away. (As opposed to, for example, Jobing.com Arena. We were in the upper level for a concert awhile back, and it was awful!)

The nice thing about section 203 is that even though it's upper level, it's right in the middle, instead of on the ends or corner where it's harder to see the far end of the court. You'll be about level with the huge screen and score board that hangs from the ceiling, directly above center court. In Row 8, though, I honestly don't know if the scoreboard will obstruct your view of the court at all. I don't think it does, but you might call the US Airways Center Box Office directly and ask about this. (Or, if you are unable to call, send me a PM and I can try to contact them on Friday.)

We were recently in section 122, Row 27 on the end for a basketball game, and we actually had a pretty good view, in part because there were no seats directly in front of us. I don't know how the cost of these seats compares with the cost of the upper level, though.

I agree about getting tickets ASAP - the Suns vs. Lakers games are indeed popular.

Edited: 03 September 2010, 04:49
Brisbane, Australia
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: phoenix sun ticket seating good or bad

Thanks Hummerbird37

You will get 3 of us cheering for the Suns but just cant make the boys none Lakers fans.Did try to contact Arena on friday with no luck.If you are still able

to try from Phoenix it would be much appreciated.

Keentovisitaussie

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,896 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: phoenix sun ticket seating good or bad

Sure! They're probably closed on Monday (holiday here) but I'll try calling on Tuesday.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: phoenix sun ticket seating good or bad

Click on your section in this map, and you will get an approximate idea of the view from your seat.

http://www.seats3d.com/nba/phoenix_suns/

DOnt forget to read the "notice" at the bottom of the page.

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Pinetop-Lakeside
Level Contributor
2,965 posts
341 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: phoenix sun ticket seating good or bad

Karenjme

That's a great site. Thanks for sharing!

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,896 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: phoenix sun ticket seating good or bad

Keentovisit, I just called the US Airways Center, and they did confirm that the seats in the upper level are NOT obstructed by the scoreboard at all.

I love the 3D site, too! Thanks, Karenjme. It actually looks to be a very accurate represenation of how the arena really looks from the various seats. I typed in a few sections and rows that I'm familiar with, and it's pretty much exactly how it looks when we're sitting there.

Edited: 08 September 2010, 18:25
10. Re: phoenix sun ticket seating good or bad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2011, 06:24