We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi / Shuttle from Sky Harbour to Sheraton Phoenix Downtown

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
599 posts
Save Topic
Taxi / Shuttle from Sky Harbour to Sheraton Phoenix Downtown

How much would a taxi be from the airport to the Sheraton downtown?

I have a quote for $37 (shared van) $55 (private) from Supershuttle. That would be for 3 adults.

Any chance of finding any shopping close by while my husband is at a convention??

Cottonwood, Arizona
Level Contributor
675 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi / Shuttle from Sky Harbour to Sheraton Phoenix Downtown

The Super Shuttle should be $12 per person, per way and honestly, I would pick a cab over a shared shuttle because a cab should be approximately $20! I am not sure where you got the quote on the shared van price, the private van price of $55 is correct.

As for shopping around the hotel there is a small area adjacent to the hotel with shops called Arizona Center, the nearest mall is about 8 miles and is the Biltmore Fashion Mall.

Have fun in the sun!

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Puerto Penasco
Level Contributor
2,027 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi / Shuttle from Sky Harbour to Sheraton Phoenix Downtown

You will probably save a few dollars taking a taxi since super shuttle charges per person. You can use the “fare finder” at http://www.discountcab.com/

The closest shopping to you would be the Arizona center http://www.arizonacenter.com/

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
599 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi / Shuttle from Sky Harbour to Sheraton Phoenix Downtown

Thank you !

We will definitely be grabbing a cab

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Scottsdale
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi / Shuttle from Sky Harbour to Sheraton Phoenix Downtown

For shopping, you are not restricted to downtown Phoenix. Go to Central Ave., about 3 blocks west of the Sheraton, and catch the light rail going north. It goes by what used to be Park Central Mall, one of the first in Phoenix area. There are still some stores there, but I don't know which ones. The light rail turns around at Chris-Town, another pioneer mall. Not sure about the stores there, either. However, you might enjoy just exploring and seeing Phoenix by light rail. You can also catch the south/east bound light rail and go to Mill Avenue in Tempe. Another adventure.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Scottsdale
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi / Shuttle from Sky Harbour to Sheraton Phoenix Downtown

If you are the adventuresome, curious type. here are a couple of other suggestions.

There should be a free shuttle you can pick up about 3 blocks south of the Sheraton on Washington that goes west to the State Capitol. You can see the old copper dome on the Capitol, and there is a museum inside, which will give you a glimpse of Phoenix/Arizona history. The shuttle comes back east on Jefferson.

On the light rail east to Tempe, there is Pueblo Grande at 44th Street and Washington. It will show you what Phoenix was like several hundred years ago.

Cottonwood, Arizona
Level Contributor
675 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi / Shuttle from Sky Harbour to Sheraton Phoenix Downtown

A cab is the way to go for sure, and it's not like in Vegas where you could sometimes wait up to an hour for a cab, they are readily available and pretty much ready to go. Enjoy your trip!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
599 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi / Shuttle from Sky Harbour to Sheraton Phoenix Downtown

Thank you for the suggestions !!

I will be printing them off and taking them with me.

I would love to do some exploring but a little nervous doing it all by myself ... I will get over it and and check out some of your suggestions.

I am also looking forward to sitting by the pool (hopefully) and reading a good book with no one to bother me ... it almost sounds like heaven :o)

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Scottsdale
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi / Shuttle from Sky Harbour to Sheraton Phoenix Downtown

Fear not! The light rail is very user friendly. It is a modern street car that trundles along at about 20 mph. You could take an exploratory ride north and back to see the sights and another east and back. Fares are fairly reasonable. Your hotel should have information on the light rail and also the shuttle service to the Capitol.

Having time to curl up with a book and a cup of coffee sounds scandalous.

Hope you enjoy your time out here.

Cottonwood, Arizona
Level Contributor
675 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi / Shuttle from Sky Harbour to Sheraton Phoenix Downtown

Sitting by the pool reading a book sounds like HEAVEN to me, not scandalous! LOL!

Edited: 05 November 2010, 07:03
10. Re: Taxi / Shuttle from Sky Harbour to Sheraton Phoenix Downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2011, 05:16