We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I think I've narrowed it down!!

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
435 reviews
Save Topic
I think I've narrowed it down!!

Looking to stay at Drury Inn & Suites in Phoenix, Hampton Shea Blvd in Scottsdale, or BW Sundial Camelback in Scottsdale. Any one have any feedback on these properties? We do have a car.

Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I think I've narrowed it down!!

dabride,

can't personally speak for the places....since i'm a local and don't stay at them....but i would pick sundial....1. cuz it's basically brand new and 2. due to its proximity to shopping/restaurants/nightlife in oldtown scottsdale.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,483 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I think I've narrowed it down!!

I would agree with Billy_Shears on that, the BW and Hampton Inn are both close to some great activities, shopping and dining in Scottsdale. (The Drury Inn is NOT near Pinnacle Peak by the way....about a 30-40 minute drive to get near.)

new england
Level Contributor
265 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I think I've narrowed it down!!

Wow, those are both my exact choices for our one night stay. Both look great but it appears the Sundial is closer to apt. and everything else which is important to us. Maybe I'll see you there! ;--)

Cheers,

Contessa

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I think I've narrowed it down!!

We want to go to Apache Junction, Old Scottsdale and mainly there for the NASCAR races. So we will be all over the place, hence we will have a car. Is the Drury Inn out in the middle of nowhere? Don't care about Pinnacle Peak. Mainly narrowed it down to these because of of hotel amenities and price $90 - 110. Thanks for your help.

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,327 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I think I've narrowed it down!!

Drury is located off of I-17 and Pinnacle Peak Road in North Phoenix. It's much farther west than your other choices, so if you want to spend time in Old Town and AJ, it will increase your drive considerably.

You might want to google map your choices and see where they lie in relation to your points of interest. That's what I would do at least.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
15,755 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I think I've narrowed it down!!

There is relatively nothing in Apache Junction. What did you intend to see there?

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I think I've narrowed it down!!

Wanted to go to the Mining camp restaurant? How is it?

Edited: 04 March 2011, 23:06
Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,327 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I think I've narrowed it down!!

I've never heard of a Mining Camp Restaurant, but if that's all you're going for there are closer choices no matter what the cuisine of preference.

Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I think I've narrowed it down!!

i haven't been to the mining camp for over 40 years (loved going when a kid), but from what i remember....it's pretty much a bbq type of place with picnic type tables and benches and an old west kind of feel.

if you do go that direction, you could visit goldfield ghost town (right up the road from mining camp) and/or head up the old apache trail. saguaro lake isn't terribly far from there either.

10. Re: I think I've narrowed it down!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 20:17