We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf Course suggestion

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
Golf Course suggestion

I will be staying in Glendale for a couple days at the end of the month and would like to play 1-2 rounds of golf. Have found a handful of courses that are around the same price point and would like any feedback / suggestions on which ones may be the best 2 or 3 of the bunch: Orange Tree, Camelback-Indian Bend, Starfire, Legends at Arrowhead, Wigwam, Stonecreek, and Rancho Manana.

Fox Island...
Level Contributor
610 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf Course suggestion

I would choose Stonecreek, Camelback, and Rancho Manana out of that list. Orange Tree is nothing special, Starfire is OK but the newest 9 is good. I have not played Arrowhead or Wigwam. Glendale is pretty far from most of these courses.

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,637 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf Course suggestion

The only one of the courses that you listed that I have played is Wigwam. My group was not impressed with the course.

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,637 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf Course suggestion

If you don't mind driving a bit further west, try the Raven at Verrado. We played it for the first time this year and and it went to the top of the all-time favorites list. Great layout, good variety of hole layouts, elevation change, well marked course, true desert golf, very friendly staff, great club house. Just a great overall experience.

Another fun track is Palm Valley in Goodyear. When we go, we make a day of it and play the executive course in the morning, have lunch, then tackle the regulation track in the afternoon.

4. Re: Golf Course suggestion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 21:16