We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family must do's and where to stay with 10, 8 & 4 year old?

Level Contributor
47 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Family must do's and where to stay with 10, 8 & 4 year old?

We are visiting the PHX area for 3 days the end of May and have the option to stay at a friends house. We plan to hang out at thier pool and go out on her boat BUT I am also wondering other MUSTS that would fit all the age ranges in the Subject line. We aren't Museum people and we have a top rate zoo where we live so we will pass on those.

I have found the following and am wondering which would be HIGHLY recommended:

Out of Africa

Cracker Jax

Big Surf Waterpark (although it may be too much for all of them)

Castles and Coasters

Golfland - SunSplash

Horseback riding (which outfit should we use?)

Sealife - AZ

AZ Science Center

Also, my oldest suggested that we stay in a hotel one night. Since it would only be 1 night, I am looking for the WOW factor for all of us as well as kid activities/amenities.

TIA!

Mentioned in this post
Arizona Science Center
Arizona Science Center
816 Reviews
Phoenix, AZ
Green Bay, Wisconsin
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Family must do's and where to stay with 10, 8 & 4 year old?

I am also interested in this area for these ages.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,762 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family must do's and where to stay with 10, 8 & 4 year old?

For your hotel night i would consider the AZ Grand, they have a water park, slides, waves, etc. as part of the hotel. Also nearby is Rawhide, which is a western theme park, kinda touristy, but nicely done.

Other hotels with good water features (it will be hot in May) would be the Westin Kierland, Desert Ridge Marriott and the Hyatt Gainey Ranch in Scottsdale (they have a sandy beach), also check out the Hilton Point Tapatio for the water features which are very family friendly.

Mentioned in this post
The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
The Westin Kierland...
2,621 Reviews
Scottsdale, AZ
Scottsdale
Scottsdale
Central Arizona, AZ
Level Contributor
47 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family must do's and where to stay with 10, 8 & 4 year old?

Thank you!!! I found Arizona Grand Resort too! It looks fun! I plan to only stay there the night before we leave to come home since it is close to the airport. Questions: Since Check in is at 4pm and check out is noon, can we go earlier on check in day to enjoy the waterpark? Since they don't have airport transportation, I heard Super Shuttle is cheaper but would it be with 4 os us??

Mentioned in this post
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
Arizona Grand Resort...
180 Reviews
Phoenix, AZ
Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Scottsdale
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family must do's and where to stay with 10, 8 & 4 year old?

Out of Africa has moved to the Sedona area so you might want to scratch that. I haven't been there in years, but I think Big Surf has a wading area so all the kids should enjoy it. Castles and Coasters should also be a big hit.

I think you should reconsider the Phoenix Zoo. I think everyone will really enjoy it.

Mentioned in this post
Sedona
Sedona
Arizona
Phoenix Zoo
Phoenix Zoo
2,570 Reviews
Phoenix, AZ
5. Re: Family must do's and where to stay with 10, 8 & 4 year old?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 16:16