We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels for Spring training

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
35 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels for Spring training

I will be taking a week trip down to the Phoenix area for spring training next month. We are Brewers fans, so want to catch a few games at Maryvale, but will also have a car, so we don't necessarily need to stay in Maryvale's backyard.

Suggestions on nice areas in and around Phoenix to research hotels? We are a group of ladies in our late 20s, early 30s, who are also frugal, so don't want to spend a huge fortune on hotels.

Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels for Spring training

yoppy...

that's a bit of an open question. this is one of the busier times here. have you reserved your car yet? nicer and 'cheaper' don't really go hand in hand regarding a place to stay. do you have a budget in mind? ....and how far are you willing to travel from hotel to the game? what else might you be interested in?

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
35 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels for Spring training

I have my car reserved. We want a nice area, and don't want to pay more than around $150/night. I would think anything over 45 minutes to the game might be a bit much.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,712 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels for Spring training

Spring training typically is high rate season.

For example, I usually stay at the Sleep Inn near Sky Harbor when I fly early flights out of PHX. Normally the rate is around $79. During spring training it jumps to around $150. And everything fills up.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Scottsdale
Level Contributor
1,909 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels for Spring training

You might want to check hotels/motels here on TripAdvisor in the area near where the 101 crosses the I-17, which runs north to Flagstaff. From that point, the 101 will give you decent access to both the east side and west side of the Phoenix Metro area and the majority of teams. Good luck. They're probably getting booked up.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels for Spring training

Look at thread below yours "good hotel close to sports venues " which may give you some ideas.

Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels for Spring training

i was going to suggest the same area as abigguy, or further west. it's called arrowhead. i checked a couple hotels and nothing was available...but that's not to say they're all booked up. unfortunately, you're a little late in the 'game'.

Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels for Spring training

yoppy...

here's a list of hotels in the dunlap and I-17 area. most are a business type class...hope this helps!

therealplaces.com/hotels-on-street/…20Avenue

Green Bay
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels for Spring training

We are traveling from GB and have gone to Spring Training the past couple of years. The best value on hotels I found is actually B&Bs. We are staying in one this year and is the best value about 110/night which also includes a kitchen. Try looking into that.

9. Re: Hotels for Spring training

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 02:42