We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good restaurants in Phoenix

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
143 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Good restaurants in Phoenix

We are flying to Phoenix in June, spending a few days in Sedona and GCNP, then back to Phoenix. My question is where can we have a nice dinner in Phoenix before we leave for our flight. My husband loves a really good steak or prime rib and we would like to find a place with southwestern hospitality, good food and good drinks.

Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good restaurants in Phoenix

justtraveling...

i would highly recommend the stockyards restaurant in phoenix. http://www.stockyardssteakhouse.com/

another would be mastro's city hall in old town scottsdale. mastrosrestaurants.com/Locations/AZ/11-City-…

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good restaurants in Phoenix

Stockyards would have to come at the top of the list in terms of the whole southwest ambiance, etc.

But, I do believe you will get a slightly better open-flame, mesquite broiled steak at Durant's, one of the greatest old-time Phoenix steak houses.

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
143 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good restaurants in Phoenix

Thanks for the suggestions,,,,,,one more question, is there a dress code?

Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good restaurants in Phoenix

business casual will be fine. if you have any 'western wear'....all the better.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good restaurants in Phoenix

Polo shirt and slacks, sun dress for you. But you can always wear western wear...this IS the west.And I think I should change my steak recommendation. I think you will get a MUCH better steak at Durant's. Make sure you enter through the kitchen so you don't look like a tourist. Say Hi to the chefs and ask them what's good! Seriously.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good restaurants in Phoenix

As for the drinks, I think you will have a tough time finding anyone to argue with the fact that Durant's pours the stiffest drink in town. Serious stuff. Try the Martinis but no more than two before your steak comes or you won't taste it!

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
143 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good restaurants in Phoenix

ooooh...sounds good! thanks again for the advice on the restaurants and dress code....we have a lot to look forward to.

8. Re: Good restaurants in Phoenix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 15:40