We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking and Restaurant near the Phoenix Renaissance

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
40 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Parking and Restaurant near the Phoenix Renaissance

We will be staying one night at the Phoenix Renaissance soon. We plan to go to a baseball game in the afternoon and go out for a nice dinner that night. Parking at the hotel is $23. Are there any other options for parking nearby that may be cheaper? Also, any good restaurants nearby - mexican or seafood preferred - but not too expensive?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking and Restaurant near the Phoenix Renaissance

You can get game day parking all around downtown for about ten bucks. Just look around. If you don't want to spend too much for "gourmet" Mexican food (is there such a thing?) go to the Matador. They have been cooking up for about 70-80 years down there. Good solid food at reasonable prices.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking and Restaurant near the Phoenix Renaissance

Update: Bigguy reports Matador has closed after what...70-80 years? So I would suggest maybe a hop on the light rail either to Tempe or North Central for Mexican food.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
15,940 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking and Restaurant near the Phoenix Renaissance

I think the OP is asking about overnight parking. I cannot answer the question. There are several parking garages, but no idea whether they have 24 hour access. On the street, parking meters are active 8 AM to 8 PM Monday-Saturday. Can someone answer the question as to whether there is an alternative to the hotel's parking near the hotel?

The OP would also appreciate some specific suggestions for dining.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
875 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking and Restaurant near the Phoenix Renaissance

Actually, parking meters recently returned to the old 8-5, M-F plan.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking and Restaurant near the Phoenix Renaissance

The suggestion was made that there are several flat lots that rent out for about $10. If you are not from Phoenix I guess you wouldn't know that. It can become difficult if you park in a multi-story lot overnight and then want to go out at odd hours as there might not be an attendant to help you. If someone doesn't know what the situation downtown is, perhaps they should refrain from commenting.

Regarding Mexican or seafood. Well, you can drive to many, many Mexican restaurants around town. Everybody has their favorites and will be willing to suggest. If you want to combine the two there are many "marisco" places that will serve you fresh Mexican seafood.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
15,940 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking and Restaurant near the Phoenix Renaissance

My idea was that someone might suggest some specific places for the OP to park near the Renaissance. I am familiar with downtown Phoenix, but haven't really paid any attention as to whether any flat lots near the OP's hotel are available 24 hours. There is a "flat lot" right across the street south of the hotel but I don't know if you can park in it overnight. I have parked in it on weekends but not overnight. Certainly they wouldn't park in a parking garage unless it was open 24 hours, which would mean an attendant I would think.

Please refrain from commenting about posts by others. Providing information is what is needed. If someone provides bad info, which was not the case, it is usually best just to present better info.

Here is a link to info about downtown Phoenix which includes dining and parking. There is an interactive map on the web site which can be used to locate either.

http://www.downtownphoenix.com/about

You will need to slide the map to the right to see to the left where the hotel is located between Central and 1st St on Adams St. The map will say it is the Wyndham which it formerly was. (50 E Adams)

Edited: 18 April 2012, 01:44
7. Re: Parking and Restaurant near the Phoenix Renaissance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 14:18