We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a really nice one night stay

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
219 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a really nice one night stay

We will be at the end of over a week in an rented RV and we are looking for one night around Phoenix to really spoil ourselves. We would like a nice restaurant at the resort. Any ideas please?

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,457 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a really nice one night stay

For boutique style resorts with excellent restaurants, look at The Royal Palms, The Hermosa Inn or Sanctuary on Camelback. If you want larger resorts, look at AZ Biltmore (Wright's) or maybe Fairmont Princess (Bourbon Street). At the Marriott Camelback Inn the BLT Steakhouse gets good reviews as well. All will offer a decent dose of pampering after a week in an RV!

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
219 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a really nice one night stay

What great info! I am wondering if you have a list for Tuscon also and if you could offer an opinion. We want to do a trip to Tombstone.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a really nice one night stay

See the reviews for Wright's :

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g31310-d3350…

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,457 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a really nice one night stay

Post your inquiry on the Tucson board and let the experts down there provide their insight...

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Scottsdale
Level Contributor
1,910 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a really nice one night stay

Tombstone and Bisbee are great for a visit although Tombstone can be a bit hokey. Try the old Cochise County Courthouse in Tombstone for insight on the gunfight at the OK Corral. While you're in that area, you might want to visit Kartchner Cavern. It's awesome.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a really nice one night stay

Also visit the ancient Spanish mission at San Xavier del Bac, just outside the city.

Edited: 21 April 2012, 23:52
Phoenix
Level Contributor
240 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a really nice one night stay

Check out the Montelucia in Paradise Valley- we even got a great deal on a room there through Hotwire. It's a lovely hotel with luxurious rooms, nice restaurant and bar, cool pool too.

Wickenburg, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Wickenburg
Level Contributor
2,741 posts
746 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a really nice one night stay

Another great place in great desert setting to relax is Ranching de los Caballeros, in Wickenburg. It's a good hour from Phoenix, and the town is authentic Old West, but with lots of neat and quaint stores, and good restaurants for any taste.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
12 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for a really nice one night stay

There are many great suggestions already listed, I wanted to throw in the JW Marriott Desert Ridge.

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
219 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for a really nice one night stay

I booked the Westin La Paloma when I found a great deal. I am now disappointed to hear that Janos restaurant will not be open. It was a big factor in our decision. Also, reviews on TA are mixed. However, I know we will enjoy it. The views look fantastic. Many thanks to everyone for their help.