We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wildfires

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
128 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Wildfires

We will be making a trip outwest starting Saturday. Spending three days in Phoenix then on to Sedona, Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, and ending in Vegas. Wondering how the wildfires will affect our trip to Phoenix and Sedona especially. Thank you.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,595 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wildfires

I can speak to Phoenix area, but will let the others up north report on their areas...we have what might look like smog in other big cities that makes the mountains hazy, which would normally be clear, and that is about it. I imagine the air quality is full of particulates, but i am only noticing the hazy mountains. With wildfires, things can change in a moment, but for right now in the valley it is not much of a problem.

The news last night was reporting decent progress by our fire crews statewide, which is good news.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,841 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wildfires

Reports I'm getting from Sedona are that the smoke has layed down and isn't nearly as bad now as it was last week. It all depends on winds of course. The fires themselves are a non issue for your itinerary.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wildfires

It should be noted that even though the fires are dozens of miles away, the particulates and gases in the air can be cause for respiratory alerts. Even the most fit hikers can be affected by this. Anyone can experience lung or heart problems from this. At the first sign of fatigue or heavy breathing be prepared to cut short your hike.

4. Re: Wildfires

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 07:16