We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat near the Waldorf Biltmore?

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
226 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Places to eat near the Waldorf Biltmore?

Hi there - my bestie and I are staying at the Biltmore in August. Last time we stayed, we loved the resort so much we never left but this time we want to attempt to at least have dinner off of the property...any suggestions? We are foodies and don't mind spending a lot on a meal if the food and service are excellent.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to eat near the Waldorf Biltmore?

Since you have already visited the Arizona Biltmore (a Waldorf-Astoria Resort) you have obviously dined at Wright's. I do hope you will revist there for at least one meal of Executive Chef Todd's and his expert staff's miraculous creations. See the reviews:http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g31310-d335043-r92715151-Wright_s_at_the_Biltmore-Phoenix_Arizona.html

Within only a couple of miles you will find the Ritz for Afternoon Tea; Donovan's for fine aged beef in an elegant setting; Vincent's for Continental and some would recommend Tomaso's for Italian. However when it comes to the complete package of food, setting and service I prefer Avanti's which is just a little farther afield. See the reviews:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g31310-d3346…

Some might suggest Lon's at the Hermosa Inn, a small boutique resort nearby, but in my opinion it doesn't rise to the standards of the others.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,896 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to eat near the Waldorf Biltmore?

We're one of the ones who love Lon's; have had many, many excellent meals there. Another nearby option is T. Cook's at the Royal Palms.

If you want to go further afield, you could head up north and try either Talavera at the Four Seasons, or Binkley's in Cave Creek.

And I usually let Don go off and recommend whatever old places he recommends, and pan the ones that everyone else loves but he hates....But, since you're a self-proclaimed foodie, 'Oklahoma', I will just tell you that Donbasci is not. IMHO you should beware of Vincent's, Tomaso's, and Avanti. They are ok, but not spectacular or unique in any way.

Edited: 14 July 2012, 20:36
Mentioned in this post
Cave Creek
Cave Creek
Central Arizona, AZ
Oklahoma
Oklahoma
United States
Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
226 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to eat near the Waldorf Biltmore?

Thanks you all, we will look up your suggestions and make a decision.

Also, Don, last time we stayed at the Biltmore, we ate at Wright's every night, we absolutely loved it. The other restaurants in the hotel are pretty terrific as well. I definitely can't wait to go to Wright's again....

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
63,702 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to eat near the Waldorf Biltmore?

I'm with Hummingbird, we love Lon's for food and charm. But I'll defer to her local expertise. She knows the best places.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to eat near the Waldorf Biltmore?

At the corner of 24th and Camelback Is Stingray Sushi and Zinburger. Since the Biltmore offers a free shuttle to Baltimore Fashion Park, you don't have to unearth your car from the parking nightmare. I love Stingray because of the variety of sushi. I don't really like their Bento boxes at lunch. They do raw much better than "cooked".

Zinburger is so amazing. Wonderful gourmet burgers and they know how to do it well. I can't say enough about them.

Enjoy your stay!!!

Mentioned in this post
Zinburger
Zinburger
229 Reviews
Phoenix, AZ
6. Re: Places to eat near the Waldorf Biltmore?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2013, 19:16