We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking the Grand Canyon in February

Owen Sound, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
Hiking the Grand Canyon in February

I will be in Scottsdale in February and am planning to drive to the Canyon for two nights to do some hiking. I think i will only be able to hike the south rim....any advice on which trails to hike, lodging and anything other good tips will be very much appreciated.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
61,418 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiking the Grand Canyon in February

You'll do most of your hiking and sightseeing along the rim at close to 20 viewpoints. Plan a short walk down South Kaibab or Bright Angel Path. Expect winter conditions at the park along the rim. Be careful of ice on the trails that descend into the canyon.

Assuming you have your lodging booked.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,769 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiking the Grand Canyon in February

grandcanyonlodges.com

Owen Sound, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiking the Grand Canyon in February

Thanks for the info!!!!

4. Re: Hiking the Grand Canyon in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 15:19