We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toscana of Desert Ridge or Kierland Condo Rental?

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Toscana of Desert Ridge or Kierland Condo Rental?

HELP:) We're looking at two lovely condos to rent in April, 2013. We want to be within walking distance to shopping, restaurants and entertainment. I'm torn between two properties; Toscana of Desert Ridge and a condo in the Kierland area.

Any advice? Toscana of Desert Ridge has an address of 5450 E. Deer Valley Rd. It states that it's minutes from City North shopping and close to Desert Ridge Shopping. The Kierland condo says it's at the cross street of the Westin and Kierland Commons.

Thanks for any help:)!

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,410 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toscana of Desert Ridge or Kierland Condo Rental?

Considering your criteria, i would head to Kierland. Toscana is across the road from CityNorth (many store front vacancies right now...) and Desert Ridge (lots of chain stores), but neither of those offer the quality that you will find at Kierland Commons and Scottsdale Quarter. If you want to shop or dine there, it is a 10 min drive to Desert Ridge area, but the Kierland area is just a better neighborhood.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,282 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toscana of Desert Ridge or Kierland Condo Rental?

I agree. Kierland is not only a better area, but is more easily walkable than if you stayed at Toscana.

Phoenix, Arizona...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Toscana of Desert Ridge or Kierland Condo Rental?

Both are nice properties and good areas. I agree with the previous comments that Kierland will provide more upscale shopping and dining destinations. In addition to Kierland shopping and dining, Scottsdale Quarter is across Scottsdale Road with addtional opportunities and the iPix movie theatre.

Desert Ridge is a nice area, but the shopping and dining are more chain oriented. But there are many choices. If you are looking to walk to a grocery store as well, you will be close to one at Toscana than Kierland. Golf is also convenient in both locations. They are only about 10 minutes apart, so if you want additional choices, it's a short car ride.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
218 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toscana of Desert Ridge or Kierland Condo Rental?

Kierland is the clear choice.

Desert Ridge is filled with teenagers, chain stores and chain restaurants. In other words, everything you can get at home.

Between Kierland and Scottsdale Quarter you will have plenty of shops and 15-20 different places to eat. Plus the Ipic as mentioned above is a very cool theatre. And, the Westin has bagpipes at sundown on the back patio, if you like that sort of thing.

Scottsdale, Arizona
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Toscana of Desert Ridge or Kierland Condo Rental?

Definitely Kierland to stay but I would take a ride up to the Desert Ridge Marketplace to shop. I thought I saw in another post you were staying near Old Town. Two totally different vibes! Both good, though!

-Gina, a new transplant from WI (Brookfield)

Edited: 27 November 2012, 12:33
6. Re: Toscana of Desert Ridge or Kierland Condo Rental?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 12:17