We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

25th Wedding Anniversary Help

CA
Level Contributor
129 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
25th Wedding Anniversary Help

Happy Holidays. I'm getting an early start for our 25th wedding anniversary in August 5-9. I;ve been to phoenix several times for spring training with the guys but this is a different sort of animal. No 4 guys ina $75 dollar room and in-n-out this time. I want to stay in a luxurious, romantic resort that has a great spa, hiking, golf, a exclusive feel and impeccable service. The Royal Palms, Four Seasons Resort, Pointe tapatio and sancutary on camelback keep coming up in this forum. Where to stay? If you and your loved one had three things to do while there what would they be?

We are in our late 40s, pretty fit and budget isn;t unlimited yet for this occasion a splurge would be in order. Thaks for helping put this together

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,616 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 25th Wedding Anniversary Help

Of the resorts you list, i would go with Four Seasons for luxury and excellent service. In August it will be very, very hot so your outdoor activities will be limited to first thing in the morning, after sunrise actually. Four Seasons is known for it's exquisite poolside service and the pool will be your best friend while you are here, as well as any air conditioned building or shopping mall. You are far removed from the rest of the valley, a good 30 min drive into downtown Scottsdale.

After 4S i would probably recommend Royal Palms, Sanctuary and the Pointe Tapatio in that order. My favorite resort spa is at the Marriott Camelback Inn. You will find the best rates and packages in August at any of the resorts in town.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 25th Wedding Anniversary Help

As usual, I agree with AZFan! The Four Seasons certainly has the best service, and as a bonus, it's usually a few degrees cooler up there - which you'll appreciate in early August! Contact the concierge, and they'll be happy to set up something wonderful for your anniversary. And, do have dinner at Talavera if you stay there.

Incidentally, I'd take the Pointe Tapatio off your list. It's a nice enough place, and you could get a great deal in August, but it doesn't begin to compare with the other resorts on your list, and service there is sub-par.

In regard to the Royal Palms, their specialty is romantic getaways, so that's certainly another option.

Here's one other thought for you - since you'll be here in August, which can be downright miserable as far as our hot, humid weather is concerned, you might consider simply heading to Sedona instead. I love our resorts here in Phoenix, but even I want to get out of town in August! Sedona has many wonderful places to stay, including some of the world's most luxurious B&Bs. (Adobe Grand Villas come to mind.) For resorts, though, you might consider L'Auberge de Sedona or Enchantment Resort. Sedona also has miles and miles of hiking trails, and it's certainly cooler up there, particularly in the mornings. You'll find golf, too, along with plenty of great restaurants.

Edited: 27 December 2012, 00:18
3. Re: 25th Wedding Anniversary Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2013, 10:17