We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phoenix/Scottsdale - nice pool with swim-up bar

Framingham...
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Phoenix/Scottsdale - nice pool with swim-up bar

Looking to relax for a couple of days in Phoenix or Scottsdale following stays in Grand Canyon and Sedona.

Looking for a resort with nice pool and swim-up bar; price range < $200 night.

Traveling late September.

Any suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Phoenix
Phoenix
Central Arizona, AZ
Scottsdale
Scottsdale
Central Arizona, AZ
Sedona
Sedona
Arizona
Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,757 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phoenix/Scottsdale - nice pool with swim-up bar

I have not seen the new renovations, but the Hyatt Gainey Ranch in Scottsdale has a pool bar and their pool-scape is one of the most beautiful in town i think. I also like the pool bar at the AZ Biltmore, just a nice all around resort, love the history there as well.

Mentioned in this post
Scottsdale
Scottsdale
Central Arizona, AZ
Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,876 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phoenix/Scottsdale - nice pool with swim-up bar

I was going to suggest the Biltmore as well; very nice pool area and an excellent hotel in general. I haven't seen the renovations at the Hyatt, either, but it's definitely an option. The only other swim up bar I can think of is the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak, but I honestly don't recommend it if that's one of your main criteria. They don't always have that bar open, so you may or may not have service, anyway. And, it's not so much a "swim-up" bar, as a "swim up, climb over the pool wall, and then sit in cold water on the other side", near the indoor bar where the bartender may or may not ignore you for awhile! ;)

Another option, if you're simply looking for excellent pool service, is the Four Seasons in North Scottsdale. They have fantastic pool service and amenities. You might get lucky with one of their end of summer deals and pay close to $200 per night, and it would certainly be worth it!

Mentioned in this post
Scottsdale
Scottsdale
Central Arizona, AZ
Framingham...
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Phoenix/Scottsdale - nice pool with swim-up bar

Thanks. I have looked at the Biltmore - maybe the rates will come down a bit. I notice that most resorts add a ~$25 resort fee.

Rancho Cucamonga
Level Contributor
10,557 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phoenix/Scottsdale - nice pool with swim-up bar

Resort Fee. Just like Vegas

Mentioned in this post
5. Re: Phoenix/Scottsdale - nice pool with swim-up bar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2014, 07:16