We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

An Afternoon in Phoenix

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
CT
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
An Afternoon in Phoenix

I'm traveling to Phoenix next week for business. It's my first time in the city and I was hoping for some advice. I'm staying near the biltmore golf club. I'm only in town for a few days but it looks like I'll have an entire afternoon to explore the area. I'm an active guy, in my mid 20's. I enjoy the outdoors so I looked into renting ATV's but i couldn't find anyplace that rented them without requiring a truck to transport them. Does anyone have any suggestions on something to do for the afternoon. I'd love to check out the desert a bit. I'm traveling from Maine so it will be a nice change of pace.

Any restaurant/bar suggestions would be appreciated too. Thanks!

Edited: 15 February 2013, 01:36
CT
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: An Afternoon in Phoenix

I was wondering if anyone knows a place that I could rent a mountain bike for the day.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: An Afternoon in Phoenix

Not sure on the mountain bike, but go for a hike up squaw peak if you just have the afternoon, if you do find a bike rental ride the canal trails. The restaurant bars in downtown phoenix on roosevelt are a chill relaxing atmosphere, city scape is more urban, downtown scottsdale more night clubs, very packed, and mill for college bars. You could also spend the afternoon just checking out art museums, galleries, and downtown phoenix.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Puerto Penasco
Level Contributor
1,911 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: An Afternoon in Phoenix

If you only have one afternoon and want to explore the desert, the place to go would be Desert Botanical Garden dbg.org

There is a great selection of restaurants and wine bars in your area as well as the Central corridor. Asi es la vida is a quaint Mexican restaurant about a mile and half south of you. http://www.asieslavidarestaurant.com/

Edited: 15 February 2013, 20:17
4. Re: An Afternoon in Phoenix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2014, 05:17