We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels with car rental offices

Spring
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotels with car rental offices

Can someone tell me some of the hotels in Phoenix and/or Scottdale area that have car rental offices located on premises or within walking distance of the hotel? We are planning on spending at least one night in the Phoenix area and thought if we get our car at our hotel we could skip all of the extra taxes on rentals from the airport plus we could wait until the next day to rent the car thus saving a days rental.

Hotels that are around $150 or less are in our budget.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Mentioned in this post
Phoenix
Phoenix
Central Arizona, AZ
Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Puerto Penasco
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels with car rental offices

I just went to Hertz website (just a personal preference) and there are at least six hotels listed with a car rental kiosk: http://tinyurl.com/bkx4vdo

How are you going to get to the hotel from airport? If taking a taxi, depending on where your hotel ends up being, there may not be a whole lot of savings.

Spring
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels with car rental offices

We are hoping to stay at a hotel that offers free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel.

I saw that on Hertz but when I looked at the other car rental agencies they list them by address and I was hoping someone could help take some of the back and forth research between hotel addresses and car rental agency addresses.

Thanks for the recommendation about Hertz. I appreciate any help I can get to try and save money on our vacations.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,762 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels with car rental offices

Chaparral Suites, one of my favorites in downtown Scottsdale, has an airport shuttle and a Dollar Rental counter in their lobby.

Mentioned in this post
Scottsdale
Scottsdale
Central Arizona, AZ
4. Re: Hotels with car rental offices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2014, 05:16