We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March 7-15 vacation

Winnipeg, Canada
4 posts
Save Topic
March 7-15 vacation

My Husband, daughter (24) and myself will be in Phoenix staying at a friends in Central Phoenix. We are coming from LOTS of snow and plan on spending some days just relaxing in the sun. Can anyone recommend where we could do some outdoor water things? I don't know if there are any beaches perhaps, water parks, etc? I also saw a Outlet Mall Anthem's which looks like quite a drive. Is there any others closer to the central area? We are going to take in Octane Raceway for sure. We love to be on the go!!! Thanks for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Phoenix
Phoenix
Central Arizona, AZ
Octane Raceway
Octane Raceway
208 Reviews
Scottsdale, AZ
Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,759 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: March 7-15 vacation

Welcome to the forum!

You might look at a lake cruise at Saguaro Lake or Canyon Lake, they have paddle boat tours and do a great job of showing the beauty of our local desert canyons. You can rent boats as well. Both are wonderful. They both have a diner at the lakeshore, but Canyon Lake is just around the corner from Tortilla Flat, a very small historical town that also has a saloon and ice cream parlor.

http://www.tortillaflataz.com/index.html

http://www.dollysteamboat.com/

http://www.saguarolakemarina.com/index.html

Waterparks are closed this time of year. Depending on where you are in Phx, the Anthem mall is not more than 45-30 mins away. Also look at the new outlets in Glendale at the Tanger Mall, they just opened.

Mentioned in this post
Glendale
Glendale
Central Arizona, AZ
Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Scottsdale
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: March 7-15 vacation

The weather forecast calls for temperatures in the upper 70s during your visit. While that may be quite toasty for you, it is borderline for us. Should be plenty of sun to enjoy, but remember the sun screen. However, you will probably want a heated pool for any swimming.

Winnipeg, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: March 7-15 vacation

Thank you very much. We have already have looked into the Dolly Steam Boat and it looks like something we would enjoy doing! I will look at the links you posted as well. My daughter will be excited about the Anthem Mall being its not too far. Or maybe the others you have mentioned. Thanks for your help!! :)

Edited: 06 March 2013, 01:40
Winnipeg, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: March 7-15 vacation

As mentioned we are coming from tons of snow. We just had another Blizzard this past weekend. We will be in shorts for sure! Hopefully find a pool we can take in. We are not staying at a hotel so any known public area's/pools we may visit? I know the forecast for the weekend is looking a little cool (warm for us) but next week look AMAZING! Can hardly wait...

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,759 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: March 7-15 vacation

Can you give us a good idea of where in "central Phoenix" you are staying? Most municipalities have public pools, but give us an idea of where you will be.

Mentioned in this post
Phoenix
Phoenix
Central Arizona, AZ
Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: March 7-15 vacation

There are quite a few resorts around the valley that have amazing pools and some will let you buy a day pass to use them.

I'm pretty sure the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort is one of them...

squawpeakhilton.com/…rules

Not sure if the water is heated though, if it's not it will be cold still probably.

Also, it's March and if you like Baseball be sure to check out a Spring Training game :)

Winnipeg, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: March 7-15 vacation

Today's the day!!! Can hardly wait. Today it's high's of 28 degree's F here or -2 Celsius. compared to AZ's 80F/26C... But we also have 4 feet of snow on the sides of our driveways. I see the weather is not going to really hot this weekend but it will be good days to shop and do indoor things! Believe me, it still will be amazing temps to us, without snow boats and bulky jackets!!

We are staying close to Piestewa and E McDowell Rd. Packed the bathing suits anyways... even if its to lounge in the backyard and use a garden hose! lol

Thanks to everyone here that replied and helped us with suggestions, etc. We really appreciate it! We will keep asking questions here perhaps thru our trip! Thanks again and have a GREAT day!

8. Re: March 7-15 vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2014, 07:18