We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Hotel

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Joliet, Illinois
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for Hotel

I am looking for a safe, cheap hotel for one night, Flying into Phoenix arrive 7pm, renting a car, looking to check into hotel after that, wake up in a.m. and drive to Grand Canyon. Any suggestions?

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Scottsdale
Level Contributor
1,910 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for Hotel

You might try the Econo Lodge Airport on East Van Buren. A friend stayed there overnight last year and liked it. Nothing spectacular, but comfortable and handy. It has a shuttle service if you want to go there directly and pick up your rental car the next morning. If not, Van Buren runs east and west about a quarter mile north of airport. The car rental people should be able to give you directions. Next morning, you will be close to I-10. Take that west to I-17, and you are on your way to Grand Canyon.

The area the motel is in is not the best. It is in transition. It used to be motel row for US 60 through Phoenix before the Interstates. The Econo Lodge is well lit and safe. Read the reviews here in TripAdvisors.

Seattle
Level Contributor
305 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for Hotel

Hotels are pricey in the Phoenix area during the winter months. Normally, you can't find a decent (safe and clean) hotel for under $200 during this time. On business travel, I usually stay at the Marriott Fairfield Inn in Chandler (off Interstate 10). It's a bit South of the Airport, but the drive isn't too bad and the rooms are very clean and quiet. They have lots of restaurants nearby, and they provide free passes to the nearby LA Fitness gym which is great.

Otherwise, I'd stay at a Marriott chain hotel near the airport (Fairfield Inn, Courtyard, Townsuites), or one of the LA Quinta chains.

3. Re: Looking for Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2014, 04:17