We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay?

We are a young couple from europe and we are coming to phoenix to spend one weekend on May during our roadtrip. From Phoenix we are heading to Grand Canyon. Does anybody has any recommendations where stay? We would like to have stay near good restaurants & bars. Our budget is max 100 $ per night. I have found some good budget motels from downtown.

Thanks in advance!:)

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Scottsdale
Level Contributor
1,920 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

Downtown Phoenix can be pretty bleak at night, if there is no baseball game.

You might want to take a look at Old Town and Downtown Scottsdale. There are several listed in Scottsdale Hotels here on TripAdvisor that should meet your budget requirements, and there are numerous restaurants and bars in Old Town and Downtown.

The Grand Canyon is a splendid, awesome place. You have mentioned a roadtrip. Where else are you planning to visit. I assume you are renting a car to do the roadtrip otherwise it will be difficult to get around.

Good luck. Arizona is very different from Finland. I have been to Finland twice - Helsinki and Lovisa. I had a wonderful time. Hope you have the same here.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,531 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?

Actually, downtown Phoenix is great, regardless of whether there's a game or not. Years ago, it was certainly quite deserted at night, but that's not really the case anymore, thankfully. There's quite a lot to do down there now, and a number of good restaurants, bars, and a few clubs.

That said, I wouldn't necessarily stay in one of the "budget motels" in downtown Phoenix. In May, you should be able to get a good deal on a hotel in many areas of Phoenix. Try Priceline.com for hotel deals; you get the best price by bidding.

Scottsdale, AZ
Level Contributor
451 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay?

I agree with abigguy. There are over 80 bars and restaurants within walking distance of each other in the downtown Scottsdale area. Prices will be lower in May and you should be able to find decent accommodations within your budget. I would look at Eldorado Scottsdale, Hyatt Place Old Town and Hyatt House Old Town.

Rancho Cucamonga
Level Contributor
8,881 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay?

Old Town Scottsdale

5. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2014, 07:17