We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone rent from Payless at Sky Harbor?

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
2,596 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone rent from Payless at Sky Harbor?

Found a good price on a car through Payless from PHX airport. It includes all fees and taxes and taking an airport shuttle to the rental location (as I imagine we would have to do using about any rental co.). Anyone have any recent experience with Payless?

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,762 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone rent from Payless at Sky Harbor?

bbb.org/central-northern-western-arizona/bus…

Not sure if this link will work for you, but the grade our local Better Business Bureau gives this agency at Sky Harbor is an "F" with 21 closed complaints in the last 12 months. Those are just the folks who were upset enough to file an official complaint with the BBB.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
63,888 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone rent from Payless at Sky Harbor?

Best bet is to rent through the major companies. Low prices usually are an indicator of something bad.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
2,596 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone rent from Payless at Sky Harbor?

Whew, thanks for the warning and info! Sounds like they may have some problems. In some cases price does indicate problems, but on the other hand, I have found great prices many times when there was no problems at all! Just depends, I guess, but sounds like it might be true in this case - ? I will defiinitely take this under advisement. Thanks again! Anyone else have input?

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone rent from Payless at Sky Harbor?

I rented from them several years ago now. Had a very positive experience. Things may have changed since then.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
2,596 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone rent from Payless at Sky Harbor?

Thanks, Mike. I have decided the car I almost rented at such a great price was really more of an economy car rather than a compact as listed on the Payless website. I think I need a compact since I have to transport 2 others besides myself, so the price I could have had won't work for me anyway. I appreciate the input just the same. Wondering about Dollar Rentals now - ???

NoCal
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone rent from Payless at Sky Harbor?

If you are flying in before 430pm, consider off site locations with a taxi ride of about $20 give or take. Make sure to check the return box to Sky Harbor and see the price difference.

7. Re: Anyone rent from Payless at Sky Harbor?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2014, 05:17