We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner suggestions near JW Marriott?

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
255 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner suggestions near JW Marriott?

We will be staying for three nights at the JW Marriott over Memorial Day weekend. I am seeking some dinner suggestions near our hotel that would be toddler-friendly (we have a well-behaved 3YO) and moderately priced. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as most of the restaurants in the area seem to be national chains that we frequent at home. Would prefer to stay reasonably close to the hotel.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Puerto Penasco
Level Contributor
1,913 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner suggestions near JW Marriott?

Pita jungle is one of my favorites in the area.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,280 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner suggestions near JW Marriott?

If you're at the Marriott anyway, do have dinner at Roy's, or at the very least, go for happy hour. They have excellent food and drink specials. Otherwise, there are lots of restaurants at Desert Ridge mall, or head further east to Kierland Commons, which also has lots of shops and restaurants.

And finally, this may sound odd, but there is actually an excellent casual restaurant inside the 'Tom's Thumb' car wash/gas station at the corner of 94th Street and Bell Rd. It's just a short drive on the 101 from your hotel to get there. Tom's Thumb has been remodeled and is actually quite nice inside (very "Scottsdale chic", lol!), and the staff is friendly and helpful. They have indoor and outdoor seating - perfect for a toddler - and they serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Rancho Cucamonga
Level Contributor
8,220 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner suggestions near JW Marriott?

As mentioned the marketplace nearby does have a lot of options. Yard House and KEG would be my suggestions. I have not visited YH there as I have one near my home. But Keg was great.If you go early, like 5, your kiddo would not be an issue.

www.shopdesertridge.com/dine/dining-guide/

kegsteakhouse.com/en/…

4. Re: Dinner suggestions near JW Marriott?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2014, 05:16