We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July weather

Mishawaka, Indiana
Level Contributor
180 posts
1 review
Save Topic
July weather

We have the opportunity to visit Phoenix next month with a few days in Sedona due to an optional work event. I know the weather will be hot but is it bad enough that we should not even bother to visit? I don't want to bother if all we can do is sit in the hotel all day. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Sedona
Sedona
Arizona
Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Scottsdale
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July weather

It gets hot in July, and moisture coming in from the south creates periodic late afternoon/evening rain and dust storms. Generally mornings are good to get out and around. As someone who has survived more than 50 Julys down here, I don't think it is that bad.

Sedona is in the mountains and quite a bit higher in elevation and thus cooler than Phoenix. A lot of folks in Phoenix head for higher ground for a respite.

Mentioned in this post
Sedona
Sedona
Arizona
Wickenburg, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Wickenburg
Level Contributor
2,755 posts
836 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July weather

Of course it's not that bad and definitively worth a visit. Just don't plan to be out hiking in the desert between, say, 11 a.m. and about 5 p.m. Also depends what you want. All the shops, restaurants, museums, etc. will be ACed in any case. Have you considered visiting the Grand Canyon once you're that close?

3. Re: July weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2014, 06:17